Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gotta control that Frizz

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
pigeon toe said:
Unfortunately, I'm addicted to the curling iron. I don't even know how to use sponge rollers. Does it take forever to dry and aren't they hard to sleep on?
Don't put the sponge rollers in wet hair. Before I put my curlers in, my hair is dry and I put through it hair gel (to make sure the curl really holds) . The smaller amount of hair you put into a roller, the tighter the curl, also it depends on the size of roller you use also (I tend to use a medium size one).
You do get somewhat used to sleeping with them, but, yes, it does suck. But the price of beauty :rolleyes: :D

crystalface

One of the Regulars
Frizz.

So I've figured out hair rolls, and curls... I just can't figure out how to de-frizz them. [huh]
I've tried using de-frizzing products (like that Sunsilk stuff for curls, along with a couple other things like that) but they don't really work.

Lottabody generally helps with most of the frizziness, its just after I've styled and everything, especially the rolls... Go frizzy.

Help me? Please? :(

Tourbillion

Practically Family
How much hairspray are you using? The only thing that helps me is anti-humectant spray.

Which I hate, so I usually just have frizz.

A pomade would help too, but I find the oil icky.

Which leaves me with....Frizz.

doghouse

One of the Regulars
You'll laugh, but I have frizzy hair and I first put in a TINY dab of Bryllcreem.. just a little so it doesn't look greasy.. then I finish with hairspray after my rolls are finished. :)

(I also found out my grandmother used my grandfathers Bryllcreem for the same purpose)

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Yes, but after the flat iron and curling iron, you have beautiful smooth hair.

Then you go dancing.

Then you get FRIZZ. I end up looking just a little bit messier than Einstein.

The brylcreem might be your best bet since it had hold and oil, it is a pomade like I was refering to in my earlier post.

The oil is still icky.

So, back to the frizzies...

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
My favorite anti-poof product is Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Flat Out Finishing Spray. It is meant to be sprayed on your hair before using a flat iron which is what I originally bought it for, but now I am back to curling my hair and it still works beautifully. My hair has been wrecked- I used a temporary black dye that never washed out, and at my mothers insistance went back blonde. I used a hair color remover, a toner, 3 bleaching kits, 2 toners, and one highlight kit all within a 2 week period to get all that black out. I am blonde again, but you can imagine the damage! If you just look at my hair the wrong way it breaks off. For a month I just wore headscarves to cover the mess. Now, I wash and condition, blowdry,(which results in a huge frizzy mess, but if I airdry it still frizzes so whatever) then curl. I section my hair off when I curl to get to all the layers, so before I curl a section, I spray with the "Best Stuff in the World". You can also just spray it on your finished style for a smooth conditioned look, which is probably what I think you would do. When I am done my hair looks shiny and smooth like I have never expierences before in my life. I recently saw it in a Glamour or Cosmopolitan magazine as a great drugstore buy, as it cost about $4.00 for the 6 oz. bottle, which lasted me months. It has a fusion of honeyed pears and silk in it. (It actually does, I read the ingredients). This is probably the one hair product I have used that actually did what it said and I pray they never get rid of it.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dove has a new anti frizz creame
cream_smooth_soft_antifrizz_lg.jpg

that I love!

It makes my hair soft, and frizz-reduced.
Um.. altho I wouldnt judge it by my avatar pic :rolleyes:

LD

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I have very fine straight hair, but when I curl it with my sponge rollers, it goes mega curly. Then I have to brush it to blend all the curls into waves, resulting in: FRIZZ.
I really hate anything oily or sticky and I use a dab of Wella Shock Waves Control Straightening Cream. They say to use on damp hair then air or blowdry but just a smidge rubbed between my hands and smoothed over really helps.
Oh, then spray like mad with hairspray and leave it alone all night!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Citre hair serum

I get it at the local drug store and its under $10. Its a silicon based product. First, I brush out my set with a paddle brush with rubber tips, then I take a dime size bit of the serum and rub it between my palms and then thru the hair. After that I brush my set again with a boar bristle and smooth everything just so.

Honey Doll

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I get it at the local drug store and its under $10. Its a silicon based product. First, I brush out my set with a paddle brush with rubber tips, then I take a dime size bit of the serum and rub it between my palms and then thru the hair. After that I brush my set again with a boar bristle and smooth everything just so.

Honey Doll

Citre Shine Shine Spray also works well. Sometimes when my hair turns out frizzy, I will heat set my hair and spritz it with the shine spray while the rollers are cooling. This helps create glossy waves, as opposed to the billowing frizz that otherwise might result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner