Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great American Musical R.I.P.

Feraud

Bartender
happyfilmluvguy said:
I liked the first Legally Blonde. PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!
There is nothing wrong with saying that. I have seen many "chick flicks", date movies, etc. that are watchable.
The success of a film like Legally Blonde or a Billy Joel song does not mean it should be a Broadway show! The reality of life is business and art go hand in hand on Broadway, Hollywood, and in every other artistic medium. This is nothing new.
I have to add again..Legally Blonde and High Fidelity as musicals are just plain wrong! :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :confused:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Baggers said:
And BTW, I liked The Producers, however only with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick.
I agree, but then I only saw the original cast. I saw it during its trial run in Chicago and then on B'Way. I liked it much more than the original movie and I mentioned that to Mel Brooks, when I stumbled upon him at their cast party in Chicago (McCormick&Schmicks). In real life, Broderick is a funny MF, he trumps both Brooks and Lane, who are also some funny MF's.

BTW, Sarah Jessica Parker, who was at the party, is a sweetheart.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum