Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings everybody!

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I'm new to Fedora Lounge, so let me introduce myself a little. My name is Velma and I am from Germany. I have to send my sincerest apologies for my English which is far from perfect, but I hope you will understand me anyway.

I am dedicated to everything that has to do with "the golden era of style". I've been studying historical fashion, hair styles, makeup and photography for a long time. It's my desire to keep the spirit of a time gone by alive that's why I'm celebrating retro culture by shooting vintage styled photo series and sharing my pictures online with people all over the world. I especially love old traditional b/w Hollywood-style photography but I also like to recreate classic pinup art. I'm not going to spam this board, but please feel free to come over and have a look at my pictures at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/velmakelly. I hope you like them.

I have a huge collection of vintage clothing and I can't get enough of them. I try to add a vintage touch to my every day wardrobe and when I'm going out (which doesn't happen too often) I usually dress retro from toe to head. I just enjoy the transformation from the modern-day girl into a lady from an era gone by.

I hope to meet many vintage and retro lovers over here and I can't wait to participate into your discussions. I just thought I'd introduce myself first, so you know who I am, what I like and what I do.

I'm sending my best wishes to all members of this great community.

Love,
Velma

Michaelson

One Too Many
Let me be among the first to welcome you, Velma! First of all, your command of the English language appears to be even better than MINE, and it's the only one I know (and not practiced very well either. (grins)) Secondly, you're among friends in your interest. High regards. Michaelson

Forrestal

One of the Regulars
The link doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t work for me either.

Regards,
Forrestal

P.S. Didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t I meet you and your friend Roxie Hart in Chicago?

havershaw

Practically Family
I'll add my note of welcome to the pile. Nice to have more female voices in the mix.

(The link works if you get rid of the period and slash at the end of it.)

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
See...see! I told you I'd bring some classy dames. :)

Here's the correct link to Velma's site: Velma Kelly Yahoo Group

She's actually among our first five contestants for the Vector Vixen pin-up contest, which will go live on RetroRadar.com over the weekend. Keep your hats on, fellas...just a few more days!

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Thanks so much for their nice welcome messages. It's nice to meet you! (Michaelson, are you sure my English is better than yours? :) I don't think so but thanks for the compliment!) I'm glad to be finally a member of this community and I'm looking forward to lots of discussions.

And thank you, Leslie, you're a real sweetheart!
I'm honored to be one of the first five girls to be up for your Vector Vixen pinup contest and of course, "Vector Vixen of the Month" would be a great title to have, but I don't expect to win therefore I'm really, really happy that I made it into the contest and to be simply a part of the fun. I'm looking very much forward to it and I know competition will be fierce with very, very beautiful girls.

Love,
Velma

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Do they make little bitty baby fedoras, Fisk? Hmmm...I can see it now: The Golden Era Baby Boutique - Swingin' threads for tiny tots! :p

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t I meet you and your friend Roxie Hart in Chicago?

To Forrestal - Yes, indeed. :) Well, it's obvious that Velma Kelly isn't my real name but if you want to hear the whole story, feel free to send me an email or text me via Yahoo Messenger.

To all - How come that you write you're lacking of ladies in this community? There are so many lovely dames out there who also love everything that has to do with retro culture and I'm wondering why they are not here.

Love,
Velma

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Havershaw, you make me blush! Thank you, dear.
I'm very happy to hear you like my pictures.
The photographer is a good friend of mine. Let's give her a round of applause! She's studying photography professionally and I especially love working with her on b/w portraits. We're trying to achieve that old traditional Hollywood look by using different lights and techniques. I have to be honest, sometimes it works out and sometimes it don't unfortunately. But it's always a lot of fun! :)
Recreating classic pinup art is much harder because it's nearly impossible to find good photographers in Germany that truly capture the playfulness of cheesecake pinup art. I'm very picky but I'm not giving up. ;)
Thanks again for your compliments.

Much love,
Velma

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Hallo James,

Mein Deutsch ist genauso schlimm. ;) Meine Stiefmutter kommt aus Bielefeld, und ich wohnte zwei Jahre lang in Deutschland. Als Teenager konnte ich fliessend Deutsch sprechend. Aber seit denn letzten 10+ Jahre habe ich wenig Gelegenheit gehabt, meine Sprachkenntnisse aus zu ueben. (Schreiben konnte ich sowieso nie sehr gut.)

Es macht aber doch Spass, mal ploetzlich etwas auf Deutsch zu sagen. Die Europaeer sprechen alle wenigstens drei Sprachen, und wir Amerikaner muessen ja auch ab und zu mal angeben. ;)

Liebe Gruesse,
Die Bingstress

P.S. Velma, how was that?!

Velma Kelly

Familiar Face
Leslie, that was absolutely perfect! There is no single mistake in your message. I knew your parents were living in Germany but I didn't have a clue that your German is so brilliant! Now that's such a nice surprise! :)

Ren, I guess the ladies here have no problem with you posting in your shorts and t-shirt as long as it doesn't happen too often in a row. ;) Just kidding... I truly believe that real dames recognize a real gentlemen no matter what he is wearing. It's all about behavior and attitude. :)

Kisses,
Velma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass