Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grey Fedora

markfleser

New in Town
I'll start out by giving you guys a bit of background on me as I think it will help making a decision on this particular hat. I work at a funeral home, as such, I wear suits quite often. I've got a nice bowler hat already but I'm thinking about a fedora just to vary my wardrobe a bit. Now, I don't want to copy one of the other guys that work there, he has a black fedora.

My question is do you guys think that this fedora will go well with a dark grey (pretty close to black) suit with pinstripes as well as a plain black suit. We joke that we dress like we're in the mob but I don't want it look too mob-ish.

20080617-tg14tjgd9hgeirtw8sfwqkq2c7.jpg

John Boyer

A-List Customer
markfleser said:
I'll start out by giving you guys a bit of background on me as I think it will help making a decision on this particular hat. I work at a funeral home, as such, I wear suits quite often. I've got a nice bowler hat already but I'm thinking about a fedora just to vary my wardrobe a bit. Now, I don't want to copy one of the other guys that work there, he has a black fedora.

My question is do you guys think that this fedora will go well with a dark grey (pretty close to black) suit with pinstripes as well as a plain black suit. We joke that we dress like we're in the mob but I don't want it look too mob-ish.

20080617-tg14tjgd9hgeirtw8sfwqkq2c7.jpg

In my opinion this fedora would go with the suits you described above. I have just ordered three custom vintage suits in: light grey, black and black-penstriped. I envision having a light grey/silverbelly and black fedora made to match. It is difficult for me to see a scenario where this hat does not work with the suits mentioned.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
My feeling is that a gray fedora goes with just about everything (even browns), it's the other colors that are limited (especially "goes-with-everything" black). That's probably why I bought a gray one as my first.

-Dave

DrSpeed

One of the Regulars
Gary Crumrine said:
Mark, you might reconsider the feather. I like 'em, but a lot of dead people don't.

Perhaps you're right. I like feather on my hat because I think a dash of colour brightens things up a bit. In your line of work it might be appropiate to avoid it. However, I suppose this is open for debate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy