Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gurkha Shorts

Highlander

A-List Customer
I have been wanting some new shorts for summer, and I don't find anything that doesn't just scream I am a sheeple. So, I was looking for Gurkha shorts and found them at WPG. As always lots of conversation over size, I ordered one size up as that's what most of the commenters recommended.

Good Looking shorts though.

http://onlinemilitaria.net/shopexd.asp?id=3270

What's a sheeple?

The shorts KD (whichever postwar pattern with cross-over belts) are awesome, and very versatile. I'm talking about originals, I have no idea about the repros. TBH, they should fit anywhere 2-3" above and below the stated size, designed as they were to deal with the rigours of hot weather and jungle warfare - lots of water taken in in the AM, and lots of sweating during the day making the waistline very variable and necessitating significant waistband circumference adjustments.

As an aside, the only shorts with cross-over belts I've ever found specifically produced for Ghurka troops were "Shorts, Jungle Green, Ghurka Regiments" from the middle 1960s (I think they were 1964 dated). The Ghurka's, according to Alan Eardley, protested at the impracticalities of these shorts.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
No. Alan has dropped off the map. noone I know who knew him has heard from him for a long while, and he doesn't respond to emails.[huh]

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard from him in awhile BK. His knowledge is definitely missed round here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21