Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm in on the Super heavy slub. I really like the super heavies that I have and the slubby jeans will have that same weight with an interesting texture to them hopefully. The drape on the super heavies is great and I actually like the softness as it means less chance of premature fabric breakdown.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Hey Butte, did ya notice they took your "WTF" comment down on the Gustin site... Also they dropped the campaign back to a 100

Hey Butte, did ya notice they took your "WTF" comment down on the Gustin site... Also they dropped the campaign back to a 100

Yeah, a Win-Win! lol
I talked to them last night - they emailed me. Wanted to discuss it and I said I was sorry for the remarks, but I was still pissed. I made my point that a campaign should never go UP midway. Maybe they listened, so it's worth it in the end. I still haven't gone back in. Pondering...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Scott, you owe it to yourself to secure those 18 oz. Super Heavy slim jeans that is already 85% backed. lol

Scott, you owe it to yourself to secure those 18 oz. Super Heavy slim jeans that is already 85% backed. lol

85% now, 50% tonight? :)
Yeah, I thought for a second on the SHSLubs, but decided against. A little too out there for me. If they keep the SH at 100 units, I'll go back in… YOU??? Come on, it gets hot here too Richard!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
And now they're sending up flares warning of pending loom state, unsanforised denim. That's going to cause all sorts of chaos around here...:D

mattface

Practically Family
And now they're sending up flares warning of pending loom state, unsanforised denim. That's going to cause all sorts of chaos around here...:D

That's what I'm waiting for. I like the Super Heavy Slub, but I LOVE this.

ZtWVteNh.jpg

hSKS9yrh.jpg

Attachments

• hSKS9yrh.jpg
    hSKS9yrh.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 408

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
If a denim doesn't reach it's funding goal, it gets canceled, but that very seldom happens, and the couple of times it has have been with less popular denims. The Super Heavy is less than halfway through it's funding period, and more than halfway to it's goal. I will be very surprised if it doesn't reach the goal.

From what I've seen, except for extremely unpopular items, if it isn't going to reach the goal they drop the goal so that it will be completed. The goals seem to move around quite a bit. I buy based on the price/fabric and don't worry too much about the goals.

Thanks for the replies guys. I caved in and ordered the #17 Super Heavy, let's hope these turn out well for me. Campaign goal reached & credit card charged, wait begins :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
2wheelgrplr, I hope you are man enough to handle the #17 Super Heavy. Doubt that I am. Not sure about Butte. Sloan definitely too skinny to man up 18 oz of heavy denim!. :D :pound:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Just saw that the #17 Super Heavy is now funded and closed. Butte, hope you came in under the wire to get the SH. If not, the SH Slub is still open. ;)

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
2wheelgrplr, I hope you are man enough to handle the #17 Super Heavy. Doubt that I am. Not sure about Butte. Sloan definitely too skinny to man up 18 oz of heavy denim!. :D :pound:

LOL! Looking forward to it, currently have an IH 190z in my rotation, need to wear that more often. It should be interesting comparing these two.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I'm wearing the super heavy's now, I really never notice the weight, after their one and only soak they softened up and have remained soft . the weave is pretty unique (to me) as has been stated here and elsewhere it is very open..

With flash:
image.jpg

Without flash:
image.jpg

Last edited:

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
If a denim doesn't reach it's funding goal, it gets canceled, but that very seldom happens, and the couple of times it has have been with less popular denims. The Super Heavy is less than halfway through it's funding period, and more than halfway to it's goal. I will be very surprised if it doesn't reach the goal.

That's what I'm waiting for. I like the Super Heavy Slub, but I LOVE this.

ZtWVteNh.jpg

hSKS9yrh.jpg

mattface,
Pardon my ignorance, but what are these? Super Heavies from earlier batch? They look superb!

Just saw that the #17 Super Heavy is now funded and closed. Butte, hope you came in under the wire to get the SH. If not, the SH Slub is still open. ;)

Heavy denim is only heavy at first. My Heavy Americans now feel like every other pair of jeans to me. I need at least 18oz, and preferable 21 or 23oz. I did NOT get back in to the Super Heavy Fanch. And I don't think I can rock those Slubs. I think I'm a little too old for them.
As for those sexy unsanforized, they will shrink, and GUSTIN say to "size up". Sadly, I'm already at their largest size - 38.

wdw

One Too Many
Just received my Heavy Americans and it's a frickin' disaster. Being away from home, and after my wife assured me they were the same size as other jeans, I asked her to wash them so that I didn't have the leaking dye problem that spoiled a pair of Red Wings earlier this year.

Anyway, they're way too small for me, and no way will an inch make a difference. They're for sale if anyone wants a ready washed pair of 33"s. I usually take a 34 and the measurements on the site seemed to make the 33 the best match, but I'd suggest someone with a 32" waist would be the best fit. Having tried again, the waist has shrunk to 33, which ok will probably stretch a tad, but it's more the hips that's the problem. They're like 70s disco pants on me.:eeek: PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Odd, I have washed mine three times now.
Cold.
Warm.
Hot.
Did a hang dry each time, but no shrinkage to speak of. Sorry to hear yours didn't work out. I'd be bummed too, but I would not have washed before trying them on. I have seen zero dye issues here, FWIW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn