Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Aero A-2
Gustin Super Heavy,
MF Road Champs

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Cant be much better then that!! I love the look and your A2 look good enough to eat.

But I would loose the baby-cuff and just wear them straight, they look just on the edge and that will work out by itself. They will look "bubly" for a bit but after walking some they will settle and crease. Its called stacks in the denim world. And you can see an extreme picture Here :D

I'm not a stack guy. Always looks o me like someone stole their daddies pants. Cuff is neater and looks finished off. Just my 2¢
With the possible exception of when I'm out riding a horse.

mattface

Practically Family
Lookin' good Boyo! I think the length is pretty ideal. It leaves you enough room to wear it cuffed or not. I would probably roll the cuff just a bit higher myself, but that's all personal preference. It's nice to have options.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
^^ these are the straight fit,
I had them hemmed and chain stitched from the standard 36" inseam to 33", in hind sight I probably went too short
the next pair I plan on tailoring to 34".. The other mistake I made was having the tailoring done before giving the jeans an initial soak or wash, I didn't expect to get any additional shrinkage (sanforized denim) but I think They may have shrunk a bit after I soaked them the first time.
the selvedge id is a bit low key (plain) on the super heavy, so there is not much to show off with a big cuff... But
** I agree that in the above photos a bigger cuff would have looked better! I'll do better next time :)

I hot washed my Heavy Americans last night to see what would happen. Tiny tiny bit of shrinkage. Not enough to even notice I'd wager. Look great and are very soft. I should have measured, but I'd wager I lost maybe 1/4" in length is all. Waist is still perfect.

Gustin bumped the super heavy mid-campaign from 100 to 150. I cancelled my order. I don't like that sort of thing. Once a campaign starts it should be static.
So I'm out.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's pretty ordinary from Gustin. they might start losing some of the very customers that put them on the map....

That's pretty ordinary from Gustin. they might start losing some of the very customers that put them on the map....

I was told (because I posted a "WTF") that due to "high demand" it was extended. I call BS as the campaign was/is moving rather slowly, especially after the super heavy slub came along. You're right though, I'm not going to stick with them because while I'm willing to wait on a custom leather jacket, I'm not so patient with a pair of jeans. Too bad too, I really wanted those.

mattface

Practically Family
I was told (because I posted a "WTF") that due to "high demand" it was extended. I call BS as the campaign was/is moving rather slowly, especially after the super heavy slub came along. You're right though, I'm not going to stick with them because while I'm willing to wait on a custom leather jacket, I'm not so patient with a pair of jeans. Too bad too, I really wanted those.

They've done that before, and it really should make no difference to you in the end. They had 14 days to reach their funding goal, and they only bump them up if they are pretty confident they will reach the higher goal. I don't think a funding goal that's been raised mid-campaign has ever resulted in a campaign that did not fund. The campaign will still be made in the exact same order as before, but 50 more people will get a pair. I don't see that as any kind of problem for anyone.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
They've done that before, and it really should make no difference to you in the end. They had 14 days to reach their funding goal, and they only bump them up if they are pretty confident they will reach the higher goal. I don't think a funding goal that's been raised mid-campaign has ever resulted in a campaign that did not fund. The campaign will still be made in the exact same order as before, but 50 more people will get a pair. I don't see that as any kind of problem for anyone.

What happens if there aren't the additional 50 people by the end of the campaign? Does that order get cancelled? I'm new here and also new to this type of arrangement, so would like to know more. I'm still waiting on my first two orders and although I should really wait for them to arrive, check on fit, etc. before placing my next Gustin order, am really tempted by these heavies. Thank you.

mattface

Practically Family
What happens if there aren't the additional 50 people by the end of the campaign? Does that order get cancelled? I'm new here and also new to this type of arrangement, so would like to know more. I'm still waiting on my first two orders and although I should really wait for them to arrive, check on fit, etc. before placing my next Gustin order, am really tempted by these heavies. Thank you.

If a denim doesn't reach it's funding goal, it gets canceled, but that very seldom happens, and the couple of times it has have been with less popular denims. The Super Heavy is less than halfway through it's funding period, and more than halfway to it's goal. I will be very surprised if it doesn't reach the goal.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From what I've seen, except for extremely unpopular items, if it isn't going to reach the goal they drop the goal so that it will be completed. The goals seem to move around quite a bit. I buy based on the price/fabric and don't worry too much about the goals.

wanz

One of the Regulars
I've also noticed that if an item is close to the goal when the funding period ends that they will extend it by a few days.

mattface

Practically Family
I'm just in a mood. Ignore me (if you're not already).
Thanks Matt. Sorry to be such a grump lately...

Oh, I get it. Ive been there too. Waiting makes me anxious. It WILL take a couple of months to get these guys, but you'll get em in the end.

Not sure what to tell you on your Super Heavy Slub dilemma though. I really like that fabric, BECAUSE it's got some real character to it, I bet the fades are going to look really cool. I wouldn't really worry about looking like an aging hipster, if you wear it with confidence and make it your own, they'll look great on you. It's not your traditional denim though. If that's really what you want, I'd say stick with the Super Heavy which is a looser weave than say your Heave Americans but very uniform from the looks of it. The weft show-through gives it some visual interest, but it's not in your face like that slub fade is gonna be. I hear that it's unusually soft for such a heavy denim which I'd attribute to the looser weave. You ordered the Okayamas too no? I bet those are gonna be a great denim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn