Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys: How Many Shoes?

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Arnold Schwarzennegger is a self-proclaimed "shoe queen," owning hundreds of pair of shoes and boots.

How many pairs of shoes do you:

a/ own

b/ wear on a regular basis.

For instance, I have a pair of Allan Edmonds that get pulled out only in the summer when the weather is good. Otherwise, I have a cheaper show I found at DSW that is worn most days, even in the winter. If it falls apart - so what.

So I may have 6 pairs of shoes (let's not count sneakers) but only 3 pairs get worn through the week.

(You know there are very few boards where we could have a discussion like this secure in our own masculinity....)

Vardeman Sneed

Familiar Face
Lets see:

1 pr. of Bass Weejuns - Black
1 pr. of Bass Weejuns - Wine (Cordovon/Burgandy/?)
1 pr. of Florisheim Wingtips - Black
1 pr. of Eastland "ugly shoes" - Brown
1 pr. of Redwing steel-toe boots - brown
1 pr. of Sperry Topsiders - 2 tone Brown

Next purchase (hopefully) - Brown Wingtips (think "My Three Sons")

Not to mention my New Balance Cross Trainers.

Bob

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
I have this many:

Picture307.jpg

(Well, actually a few more now.) The light ones tend to only get worn occasionally in the summer, as also the vintage black and brown Oxfords and the patent shoes, and the double-soled shoes, and the cheap pair I keep for snow and slush.

I'd say about ten pairs will see wear in a typical month.

Edward

Bartender
Not counting various footwears that I own exclusively for costume purposes (predomiantly high heels for Rocky Horror related escapades), I probably have in the region of three dozen pairs of shoes and boots, split roughly evenly between boots, sneakers, casual shoes and dress shoes. At present I'm mostly wearing the same pair of steel-toed DMs on a daily basis, with patterned brogues or a boot version thereof coming out of the wardrobe for something more formal. I plan eventually to wear noting but classic styles / reproductions of thirties through fifties designs. Give it time....

I fully subscribe to the view that there is no such thing as "too many shoes."

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
That is awesome Mr Jordan.

I should have added...how many shoes do we have and do our wives kid us about them and our insistance on the wearing the correct shoe with the correct clothes?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I own 14 pair counting my various WW2 boots/shoes.

I wear 9 of those 14 pairs on a regular basis.

Curt Dawson

Familiar Face
B/W Wing tips

Anthony Jordan said:
I have this many:

Picture307.jpg

(Well, actually a few more now.) The light ones tend to only get worn occasionally in the summer, as also the vintage black and brown Oxfords and the patent shoes, and the double-soled shoes, and the cheap pair I keep for snow and slush.

I'd say about ten pairs will see wear in a typical month.
Where can I find the B/W or Carmel and white wing tips?

Jay

Practically Family
Jeez, this thread was just what I needed since I've been telling myself I have too many shoes. Anyhow

-1 pair of work boots
-1 pair of dress shoes(Nice)
-1 pair of dress shoes(Casual and Rainy days, rubber sole)
-1 pair of Converse All-Stars
-1 pair of cowboy boots
-1 pair of engineer boots
-1 pair of 80s puffy Reebok high-tops

I think I might have a pair or two of loafers in my closet as well...

Usually about 3 or 4 pair get worn through any given week.

Marty M.

Vendor
Off on the right foot.

Just dress shoes and dress boots I have a little less then 40 pairs. Mostly Allen Edmonds. I do wear them all. Some of my shoes are almost twenty years old, but still in great shape.
I love how Anthony Jordan posted his. I'll try to do that also.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Anthony "Balmoral" Jordan.

Anthony Jordan said:
I spent an enjoyable couple of hours polishing all those!

Only one pair of Blucher's? How is that possible for a guy from the UK? I always thought that the UK was the home of the Blucher? Are they too informal?
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic