Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Removal

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I want to have my arms and chin done. I think I will stick to waxing the facial hair for now but I don't think that's a good option for my arms. Good Luck Nikki.

Smuterella

One Too Many
when i was very, very thin I grew extra hair on my body, like anorexics do....i waxed my arms and it was fine

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I had the first treatment! It went well. I'm pretty pain tolerent, so I don't know how others would feel. And these are two sensitive areas anyway...
but it felt like a VERY QUICK little burn, like a zap. Perhaps 7-10 zaps on each arm. The outer edges of my underarms were barlely noticable, and as she got more to the middle it smarted a tiny bit more. Felt a bit more heat on the bikini area, but again, not too bad.

She had me hold an ice pack on each area afterward, then apply a cream. I thought I would be irritated all day, but it doesn't feel like anything. Perhaps a tiny bit of a razor burn feeling in the bikini region, but no biggie. And that's kinda how it looks right now too.. razor burn like.

My next apt. isn't until April. I was in and out in about 40 min.
Nikki

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
I have had laser hair removal on my entire body that grows hair. (it is like tattooing, it gets addictive)

um I would say that it STARTS out like a rubberband, but they have to keep upping the joules on every treatment. So then it feels like 2 rubberbands, then 4 then 6 then 16!!

I will not kid you, it starts to #@$% hurt, on those last treatments. (Especially in sensitive areas)

It is easier if you don't drink coffee (or caffeine right before) and if you go when you are NOT on your period.

I haven't shaved my pits or legs in months.

Also, I am on a payment plan, and for having legs, bikini, underarms, brazilian, and some face it was less than 1500 and I only pay 100 a month. It is so worth it. I would do it even if the pain was triple.

(also see if you can find something called "Laser Chill" it is essential oils and water and it takes the sting out right away and is ten times better than ice and cream.)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Desi, where do you go? Is it corporate owned, ect? I'm paying WAY more than that! Mine is $1800 for just the two! :eek:

So you're happy so far with the results? How long have you been going?
Nikki

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Desi, where do you go? Is it corporate owned, ect? I'm paying WAY more than that! Mine is $1800 for just the two! :eek:

So you're happy so far with the results? How long have you been going?
Nikki

I go to Affordable Laser http://www.affordablelaser.com/ I think they are only in Phoenix and Tucson.

I have had all but the last two sessions on my underarms, arms and upperlip. I have three more sessions to go on my legs, bikini, brazilian. Lets just say I haven't had to remove hair in any of those places for 2 months. It is very effective. I will have had a total of 7 sessions on each area when I am done.

You are paying waaaaay too much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland