Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Autumn

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Tonight is the Autumnal Equinox, at 10:03 p.m. MDT, and we thought we'd celebrate this last day of summer sunshine and the start of Fall with this... lol

Sept222006.jpg

Taken this morning at 7:30 a.m.

Are we surprised? No, as our Goldfinches have been telling us to get ready for this since July.

Brad

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Well, summer is coming to an end. I hate to see it go. But on the positive side, the temperature has been staying cool enough to wear my fur felts consistently.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
UGh, nothing like skipping my favorite season fall and going right into winter! Is it typical to have snow this early in your area. Aaron, I thought the winters here were long too, and up in North Conway, you cool down much faster than here in Boston!
Utah certainly is beautiful, but I don't know about that weather:)

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
I'm really looking forward to autumn. It may begin in some places this weekend, but in southeastern Louisiana we will not see for another month. Today the low is 78, with high in the mid to upper 80's all weekend.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Thanks for the Autumn note. It was 50 degrees here in Fort Collins this AM, and the mountain towns got up to 8" of snow last night. Some Colorado ski areas are now making show with the goal of opening in mid-October.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
It's finally here and I for one am happy to see the begining of my favorite season. I can finally break out the wool suit and tweed jacket and go shopping for an overcoat. Hurrah for fall! Also, it's my birthday later this month. As a child that always meant black frosted birthday cakes with skeleton and pumpkin decorations. Glad I wasn't born on Easter.;)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Indian Summer

When I was a child, leaves could be legally burned along street
curbs, huge crimson leaf piles set afire after an afternoon spent
raking and doing other chores while a radio somewhere broadcast
a college football game--Sundays were reserved for Church and family
events or relaxing. Cannot burn leaves now, of course, but autumn
does bring back fall memories of childhood. I still prefer college football
radio to televised games. Chicago is enjoying Indian Summer, but I
can start wearing an A2 flight jacket again, and Notre Dame is 3-1.:)

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Why is it that the season of Autumn is called "Fall" in the States and not just Autumn?

If you heard "in the Autumn", instead of "in the Fall" would that not make any sense, or would it just be an unusual way of saying it?

Just wondering.

Irena

One of the Regulars
Mr. 'H' said:
Why is it that the season of Autumn is called "Fall" in the States and not just Autumn?

If you heard "in the Autumn", instead of "in the Fall" would that not make any sense, or would it just be an unusual way of saying it?

Just wondering.

In my world, the two are interchangeable.

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
Happy late Autumn! :D

Up here, at 8500ft, we have had two snows and the last two weeks the area has been flooded with tourists looking at fall colors. I think the altitude has an effect on their brain cells. Common sense is greatly diminished. :rolleyes:

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner