Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anybody tried these?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Yes, someone else has mentioned them before in one of the hair threads - I think it's the pin curl thread or the hot rollers thread, but I can't find the post I'm thinking about. I'm sure they work fine. I use similar rollers that are unheated and I zap them with the blow dryer. Works great.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I have those and they work great! I love to use them when I have no time to set my hair overnight.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lilredrooster said:
do you get the same look with these as you would hot sticks? what one looks better for a "pincurl" look? or are they about the same?

I think the look is pretty much the same with hot sticks as it is for the unheated pillow/rag rollers. The only difference is that the heated rollers set your hair faster, but the curls will also fall out sooner.

I think the look is really similar to pincurls. The one difference with pincurls though is that you can set your hair in the direction you want the curl to go and you can get "s" waves. Pincurls give you more options for setting the direction you want your curls or waves to go.

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
I think the look is pretty much the same with hot sticks as it is for the unheated pillow/rag rollers. The only difference is that the heated rollers set your hair faster, but the curls will also fall out sooner.

I think the look is really similar to pincurls. The one difference with pincurls though is that you can set your hair in the direction you want the curl to go and you can get "s" waves. Pincurls give you more options for setting the direction you want your curls or waves to go.

Thank you so much for the help, i may have to try these, i would love to try the hot sticks as well but so many people say they hurt your fingers haha, so this may work as well.
with the hot sticks(or these) are you able to get the s wave with them if you brush them out? i have never tryed to get a pin curl look with rollers, i have only sued them for big curls.
any advice?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lilredrooster said:
Thank you so much for the help, i may have to try these, i would love to try the hot sticks as well but so many people say they hurt your fingers haha, so this may work as well.

I have never had problems with hot sticks burning my fingers. You just have to work quickly and hold them by the ends. I also use end papers when setting with hot sticks, which helps protect my fingers.

with the hot sticks(or these) are you able to get the s wave with them if you brush them out?

No, you cannot. In order to get an S wave, you have to set with pincurls, alternating the curl direction with each row.

i have never tryed to get a pin curl look with rollers, i have only sued them for big curls.
any advice?

Well they are a small diameter roller, so you will get a tighter curl. Also, remember to use sections that are relatively small and equal in size.

Blondie

Practically Family
Drea said:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2103672&productId=prod2103672&navAction=push&navCount=1

Since they have them at ulta I was just going to go into the store.. or is there another brand or type someone would recommend? thanks
Hi Drea,
I bought these and they didnt work for me :mad:
My hair is dead straight, bleached and on the thick side, they didnt seem to get hot enough or something, i use Hotsticks and they seem to work a whole lot better on my hair, i think it really depends on your hair as i know other gals who swear by them !!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn