Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone experience with WEINTRAUB BROS. (Patriot Uniforms) flight jackets?

Roadster

New in Town
I just stumbled onto this B-15C replica by Weintraub Brothers after having seen one of these jackets offered on E-Bay. There is not too much information on there website, but the jacket details shown on ebay looked very good. After some time looking for a good B-15C replica I am a little bit surprised that I never heard of this company. It seems like they sell a lot of interesting jackets. If you like nylons ;)

Has anyone experience with their products and how is the quality? Are they still selling this jacket? The webpage looks a little bit outdated (This site best viewed with Netscape 2.0 or Internet Explorer 2.0!!!!!).

Thank you for any information.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Yeah I've had one... Worth about $25 IMO! Cheap cheap cheap...

They stopped making them a whole back. You aren't gonna be missing out tho!

I just stumbled onto this B-15C replica by Weintraub Brothers after having seen one of these jackets offered on E-Bay. There is not too much information on there website, but the jacket details shown on ebay looked very good. After some time looking for a good B-15C replica I am a little bit surprised that I never heard of this company. It seems like they sell a lot of interesting jackets. If you like nylons ;)

Has anyone experience with their products and how is the quality? Are they still selling this jacket? The webpage looks a little bit outdated (This site best viewed with Netscape 2.0 or Internet Explorer 2.0!!!!!).

Thank you for any information.

fnoprx

Familiar Face
I have a B15C from Weintraub and actually quite like it. The nylon shell seems sturdy enough, and the knits feel like wool. The collar is synthetic and not removable, and it feels pretty good. This is NOT a Buzz Rickson, but it looks pretty authentic and it is pretty warm. The quality seems comparable with american made Alphas.

Roadster

New in Town
Based on the photos on E-Bay I think that fnoprx's feedback is close to reality and decided to buy the jacket in size 38. It costs a little bit more than 25$ as suggested by bretorn, but it's not really expensive so I will give it a try. Equipped with scoville zippers, a real cool blue shell and reasonable tough stiching I would be surprised if it is a really bad jacket. Maybe more details after the jacket has arrived ;)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Hmmm, Scoville zippers, eh? Maybe an earlier one than the ma1 that I had? The pulls on mine were unmarked and rather flimsy...

Anyway, give a full report of your thoughts! I'm all for nylon jackets that don't cost Buzz/RMJP money :D

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
One of our UK members just picked up a Weintraub MA-1 in blue, used, and here are his initial impressions which I don't think he'll mind me posting:

Weintraub Vintage style MA1 arrived today... love it!!! Short and puffy, quality materials IMHO. Jacket was better than described and appears to have been rarely used. Weight and a few very minor moth nips suggest wool knits and interlining. Better than the Alpha Vintage MA1. Fits me a treat and is a keeper.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absolutely not Doc, I'm very pleased with the jacket and find it IMO superior to the Alpha 'Vintage' series version. I am now wondering how I can procure some more...namely the L2B version. The prices seem agreeable too. :cool:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I left Tony Weintraub a telephone message on Tuesday asking him to call me back. No response yet, even though I left him a toll free 1-800 number to call me back on. I imagine Patriot/Weintraub is like Fidelity, which makes all those pea coats and which never responds to any attempts at contact. How hard is it to simply call back and say "Sorry, we don't deal directly with customers, only retailers and wholesalers. Check your local area for military surplus stores which may stock our products."

Customer service in the U.S. is almost always excellent in my experience, so when I run across a firm without any, it's always a surprise!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Weintraub Bros don't make their nylon flight jackets anymore. I emailed and also rang them awhile back and had no answer but found out through a chap on another forum that they don't do them anymore.

They come up occasionally on eBay - there was even a seller in Thailand last year would had a number of deadstock Weintraub Bros B-15Cs for sale.

Best bet is to keep an eye on the auction sites.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:
Weintraub Bros don't make their nylon flight jackets anymore. I emailed and also rang them awhile back and had no answer but found out through a chap on another forum that they don't do them anymore.

They come up occasionally on eBay - there was even a seller in Thailand last year would had a number of deadstock Weintraub Bros B-15Cs for sale.

Best bet is to keep an eye on the auction sites.
Okay, thanks for the info!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Recent overtures to this company regarding nylon flight jackets have met with zero response I'm afraid. Fellow Loungers report that Weintraub are no longer producing Nylon flight jackets. I purchased a (Weintraub) MA1 off of E-Bay last week and was very pleased with the quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff