Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

S

Samsa

I was watching this hat on eBay ever since it was listed, and now sort of regret not buying it, especially considering it went for such a low price. It looks like a really short top hat with a colored ribbon. Thoughts?

MattJH

One Too Many
A few. I've seen them called boater hats, gambler hats, coachmen hats, etc. I think an exceptional amount of them were made for women rather than men, too. Very Amish looking, to me.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dressage Hat?

... for the horsey set...
prod-402.jpg

S

Samsa

Perhaps it's a good thing I missed out on it - I might have been strolling around in a ladies hat!:eusa_doh:

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
Considering the completely flat brim and wider ribbon it looks more like a felt version of a boater hat, though those are generally made of straw. Conundrum indeed.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
The picture is a little decieving in that you can't tell which side the bow is on but this was sent to me earlier in the week ( I don't have time for ebay). My answer to him was that I believe it is a teen's or earlier "traveling" hat. Could be either men's or ladies as the styles were similar, just bow placement different. Knox made some really interesting hats in the early days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner