Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has Anyone Seen This Particular Corcoran Boot?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I couldnt agree more. Without edge dressing, the modern boots look sloppy & less authentic.

Carlisle Blues said:
You may also want to use a product similar to this

C__Documents_and_Settings_alex_Desktop_Boot_Assicorites_Sole_Heel_Dressing_BLk.jpg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Current leather quality

I've had my brown corcorans for 8 or 9 years. I also have them in Black. And the HH jump boots in black.
HH & Corcoran are now both made by COVE.

Im told the newer leather doesnt compare to boots made several years ago.

Seems like the finish rubs right off.
I have noticed this with my HH boots.
My Corcorans are wonderful, but I'm now wary of buying online. I was in a shop last summer & noticed the finish on a pair of brown corcorans was scuffed right off.

BTW, theres a thread on these boots in the WWII forum
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=38375

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Re-sole

Bankwalker said:
Anyone ever had their original soles on these boots replace? If so, with what?

I havent tried yet, but this site is recommend on the WWIIimpressions.com site:
Boots can now be re-soled through a vendor officially recognized as the exclusive boot servicing agent for Corcoran Boots. Resole America's official web site is available to place an order online and send in your shoes and boots to have resoled or reconstructed. Please check with Resole America's web site whenever you need your shoes and boots resoled.
http://www.resole.com/

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Doug C said:
I soo want a pair of these, but I want to have them cutdown to a 6" of so. I wish they made 'em like that or simply made a type I service shoe.. I know these cutdown would still be a little different from the type I's but I don't care, they'd still be awesome in my opinion. I'd expect the Poron Sole insert to be fairly comfortable. Hey Mattfink, thanks for that link and maybe saveing someone a chunk of money.

When my father was in the military he was issued two pairs of boots, one was the Corcoran jump boot, the other was a dress boot in black made by Endicott. It had no toe cap and had a diamond pattern sole, it was also shorter in height. I wish someone still made that boot.

Doug C

Practically Family
MrBern said:
Im told the newer leather doesnt compare to boots made several years ago. .... I was in a shop last summer & noticed the finish on a pair of brown corcorans was scuffed right off.

I thought that's the way they've always been. And as crazy as it'll sound to most of you guys, a boot that looses it's top color with wear doesn't really bother me at all, I sort of like that in a boot. I think of it as adding a bit of character and gives you a good reason to break out the brown polish every once in a while. This is what I have against the Chrome Excel leather that's so popular these days.. I actually wish my RW GT's were made from the old school top grain briddle style leather instead of a "pull up" leather. Each has it's advantage I know. BTW, is what MrBern's describeing any more than just a matter of the thickness of the "paint" on top of a veg tanned top grain leather?
Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic