Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
1938 Auto Workers Union pin on a vintage Borsalino.

DSCN4590.jpg

B
T

Earp

One of the Regulars
My Pin

I've been reading this thread for some time. Very interesting to see all these unique pins. It sure is a simple and fun way to personalize one's fedora. Until this thread came up I hadn't realized so many people did this. Do you folks think it was done very much in the golden era as well? It just seemed like a natural thing to do to me.

I'm a member of the Michigan Flintknappers and we practice the ancient art of stone tool and arrowhead making. The pin I have on my hat was given to me as part of an award in recognition of some contributions I had made to the club over the years. I used to have a turtle pin on my hat but I quickly replaced it with my new arrowhead pin and it's been there ever since. It looks gold in the picture but it's actually silver. I wish it was a little clearer because it's got some nice detail on it.

pin001.jpg

pin007.jpg

It's kind of interesting how many people notice such a subtle little addition to my hat and ask about it -- and many times where they can get one!

Thanks for the fun thread.

mingoslim

Practically Family
Want one?

RBH said:
I like that pin Slim... Rooster needs one of those! :D

If you want to swap for a derrick pin like the one on your Wildcatter, I will be more than happy to do so . . .

I am still looking to find a pin like that one . . . have been for months!

Seriously, though, there were two roosters in the lot . . . so PM me if you are interested.

splatt

One of the Regulars
Hat pins...that's a brilliant idea :eusa_clap

I always wondered why dad had those tiny old pins stashed away in that little metal box...now i just need to remember where I left it???

Viper Man

Banned
indycop said:
Does this count?:)

PC250088-1.jpg

I would certainly hope so! :D

Reading this thread has been great! It even prompted me to search for my own pin on ebay. I haven't received it yet buy here's a shot (the jazz lover in me couldn't resist!)...

a59e_1.JPG

Viper Man

Banned
JohnnyGringo said:
Hey Viper Man, I love the Verve pin you scored on E-Bay, a perfect addition to a fedora or a pork pie...

Thanks, Johnny! I was thinking the same thing. :D

I scored this one from the same seller...

96ce_1.JPG

It's a promo pin for the punk band "Fishbone". I'm not necessarily a fan but I thought it would look great on my Open Road.

Viper Man

Banned
Thanks, guys. I have been wearing this OR more than any of my other hats recently and this pin has really personalized the style for me. Silverbelly is a great spring color!

I did receive my Verve pin, too. I just haven't found a hat that I like it on yet. [huh]

mingoslim

Practically Family
As a proud union member . . .

I am equally proud of my union heritage . . .
So on my sage green OR, I have a UMWofA pin that belonged to my grandfather . . .

stetsonc1970or2505.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Here's the pin on my new-to-me Stetson 3X. Because of the way that the pin attaches to the ribbon (a clasp that fits the top half of the ribbon exactly), it seems like it may well have been original to this lid. Anyone seen one like it before on any Stetson westerns? I really like this one -- it's a keeper.

Pin.jpg

LeftProfile.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Here's the pin on my new-to-me Stetson 3X. Because of the way that the pin attaches to the ribbon (a clasp that fits the top half of the ribbon exactly), it seems like it may well have been original to this lid. Anyone seen one like it before on any Stetson westerns? I really like this one -- it's a keeper.

Pin.jpg

LeftProfile.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
That is the coolest pin!!!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy