Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat articles vintage or new

RBH

Bartender
I thought a thread to post the various hat related newspaper or magazine [vintage and recent] items
{not ads, we have threads for them} might be needed. So we will see if this one works.

The first is a scan from Farm Collector about hats.

{here is where you can find it online]
http://www.farmcollector.com/farm-l...nd-and-wearers-genteel-and-in-bygone-era.aspx

harvest1.jpg

harvest2r.jpg

The second is a item about Gary Cooper.

pic246.jpg

mattface

Practically Family
Here's something that all the western hat afficianado's might fine interesting. It's an article about Nats Hats Exhibit out in Wichita falls, Texas.

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2009/jul/24/to-the-brim-history-museum-sees-happy-trails-as/

Man that's a lot of hats!

I've collected hats since I was a kid, and back then cowboys made up the bulk of my collection. At the time owning a "real Stetson" was a dream barely attainable. I would have gone gaga over seeing a collection like that!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
What's interesting in the article is the statistics on how the overall hat (and cap) market is growing.

The Fleur de Paris website, suggests they only sell ladies hats, despite the quote about a lot of sales going to those "male hipsters."

Last edited:

rclark

Call Me a Cab
My father recently passed away. In going through his personal effects, which has been quite difficult for me, I came across this newspaper photograph of him and short blurb about the beginning of "felt hat season" from the local newspaper from September 14, 1967. Pretty cool. It definitely brought a smile to my face. I was surprised at all the wide ribbon hats in Waco, Texas!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Rclark; That is a GREAT pic. Totally worthy of featuring it in a mat and frame. I have a like photo of my Grandfather and I that I cherish. You can be proud of your father both for his proffesion-attorney as well as having a very style-forward look in hats in Texas.

Thanks for sharing sir.

Best, Eric -

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Rclark; That is a GREAT pic. Totally worthy of featuring it in a mat and frame. I have a like photo of my Grandfather and I that I cherish. You can be proud of your father both for his proffesion-attorney as well as having a very style-forward look in hats in Texas.

Thanks for sharing sir.

Best, Eric -
Thanks Eric! I have to admit the photo came as a bit of a surprise to me, as I never knew him to be a hat wearer. I wish I would have had the chance to ask him about it!

RJR

My father recently passed away. In going through his personal effects, which has been quite difficult for me, I came across this newspaper photograph of him and short blurb about the beginning of "felt hat season" from the local newspaper from September 14, 1967. Pretty cool. It definitely brought a smile to my face. I was surprised at all the wide ribbon hats in Waco, Texas!
The article had to be a nice surprise,Rick.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

that is purely awesome !!

my condolences for your loss my friend ... dad looks great in that pic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner