Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat articles vintage or new

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Waco has always been known for hats. Standard Hat Works in Waco has a great selection of hats and can make whatever you want. This might have been where the photo was taken. Nice people too.
http://standardhatworks.com/index.html
You very well may be correct. They used to have a shop near the courthouse in the CBD, so it could have been that my dad just happened by at the right time for some free publicity! :)

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Holy smokes!
Man jumps overboard after his hat. Is missing at sea.
Not a joking matter. I hope he turns up o.k.
I can see how a blown off hat could lead to some risky situations, as when my hat was blown into traffic and I had to restrain myself from running into traffic after it.
That’s the down side of hat wearing (that and looking ridiculous chasing after a hat that is tumbling down the street.)
Be safe out there, everyone.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Search-suspended-for-man-who-jump-off-boat-to-11179919.php

Willebe

A-List Customer
Holy smokes!
Man jumps overboard after his hat. Is missing at sea.
Not a joking matter. I hope he turns up o.k.
I can see how a blown off hat could lead to some risky situations, as when my hat was blown into traffic and I had to restrain myself from running into traffic after it.
That’s the down side of hat wearing (that and looking ridiculous chasing after a hat that is tumbling down the street.)
Be safe out there, everyone.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Search-suspended-for-man-who-jump-off-boat-to-11179919.php
I hope he is safe. It begs the question, which hat did he have on his head? Was it very expensive or just irreplaceable due to sentimental value?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I've heard of being attached to your Hats , but ... WHOA ! Sounds like a Lounger . Hope he made it . Yeah , either he wished he had a wind trolly or he had one and it took him over . Several guys live in the bay area on here .

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Up here, it's known as "thinning the herd"; more people should be wearing hats.Regards,J T

Agreed. Thin ice, in my neighborhood culls those who might be tempted to marry their cousin or sister. The decision to jump in could only be the tip of the iceberg of bad decisions that led up to that episode IMO.

Watching for thin ice, Eric -

rogerstg

A-List Customer
We're assuming it was a proper hat, but chances are that it was just a baseball cap. The story seems to be missing significant information, but one article speaks of the occupants raising the anchor, indicating the boat was at anchor. People jump off of anchored boats all the time to swim, etc. and it's no problem.

I suspect that the victim may have been caught in a current and became exhausted or had a heart attack swimming against it. Sadly, the operator may have been ignorant of basic boating safety practices to save the man. Very sad for the victim, his family and friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy