Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat box case...

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello. I know there are a few people and maybe a thread about nice hat boxes or travel cases for them, but is there anyone (other than me) having the interest to make a really nice hat box case that can be used at home or on the road? You know something nice that would have a quality look maybe leather or even a nice wood?

As I love to make things (the artist and building in me) I was thinking of getting some thin panels of light hickory wood and any dark hardwood to give the outer part of the case a "natural two tone" wood look, find some nice brass hinges, trim the corners outside with brass and on a padded interior sculpt a center rest for the hat to sit in. Aside from the brass stock and hinges and the handle to carry this design of a box, I can't see having more than perhaps $75.00 in the materials to make it, and I think making it look so "custom" would be a great investment. Any ideas and suggestions?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy