Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Boxes

duggap

Banned
Hat supply company sells them but apparantly only in volumn. Maybe one of our vendors can help us out. With Johnnyphi's auction going on I believe several of us could use a couple of hat boxes. I know I need about three.

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
I was looking for a box online a few days ago. Found this LINK. I haven't ordered from them, but you might want to give them a try.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One suggestion that has been offered in the past is to try stores like TJ Maxx and Marshall's, which often carry decorative hat boxes. Some of them, being decorative, are too small. None of them have circular inserts and many of them have 'girly' exterior designs. All that said, some show up that could work fine.

RPeers

One of the Regulars
I remember my grandmother had some mens hat boxes for here hats years ago, she used wallpaper and covered the outsides of them, they fit in with her decor perfectly after that ... maybe you can cover some of the girlier designs with a nice covering. As long as there big enough to hold the hat you can make them look swell.

I'm not serving my own selfish interests by adding this, but ...

The escalation in the prices of vintage hat boxes I've witnessed over the past couple of years shows no sign of reversing. Not out here, anyway. (As one always on the lookout for such items, I take note of these trends.) So, should come across old ones at reasonable prices, snap 'em up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy