Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat colors

jpdesign

Vendor
I have been making a few grey hats lately and thought I would put up pics. Here are two greys and a couple others.
Enjoy

a010.jpg

Granite grey

a012.jpg

Steel grey

a.009.jpg

Black

a008.jpg

Dark Moss

Jimmy

Jimmy, it looks like you added a row of stitching near the brim edge on that lid with the light blue ribbon. And there appears to be stitching on the band ribbon as well. Is that right? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow.....Jimmy

Nice Stuff Jimmy......:eusa_clap

Great work, I'll bet Russ is licking his chops over that thin ribbon right about now....probably Razzman as well. :D

I'm really diggin' that Dark Moss. :eek:

tortswon

Practically Family
Beautiful hats

I really like the hats, Jimmy. One of the best things is that you have a point of view and you're not following the herd. Good luck! Sam

Razzman

One Too Many
Great looking hats Jimmy! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I really like the Steel Grey with the thin blue ribbon and bound edge.

jpdesign

Vendor
I alreadi have a business. I have been working with and making hats for 10 years, as of this month.

That hat has a thin line of blue stitching inside the ribbon, which maches the the ribbon. The ribbon is stitched with a grey thread that matches the felt. I added the grey stitching to the crown ribbon to match the brim binding. The ribbon on the sweat band also matches the binding and band. This is a hat I was playing with, thinking of my first limited editon. It would be limited to 12. I haven't decided wether to use normal weight felt, or light weight. I am about to order some light weight and see how I like it.

a014.jpg

a013.jpg

Jimmy

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
a014.jpg

Very cool.

That looks a lot like something I saw on an early '50s stetson, only on the stetson, the top binding was slightly narrower than the bottom. The ribbon was sewn on the top first, upside down, then folded over and sewn on the bottom, so only the one line of stitching, the inner line, was visible.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The stetson had it with a thin ribbon, thinnest binding I've seen. Must have been a pain to do, or at least it would be now.

I really like the blue, gives it a real pop.

With the black hat, I feel like I'm seeing a line around the crown that lines up with the top of the bow. Is that ribbon as well?

jpdesign

Vendor
that one has bee reblocked a few times with the sweat band still in. I have played with it a bit. It was also my first attempt at a silk finish, thou you can't tell from the pic.

Jimmy

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
My stingy centre dent by Jimmy

A 1 7/8" brim, which can be turned down or kept up in a semi-Homburg look. $160 for a custom hat!...go on Fedora Loungers, give Jimmy some support and get him creative! Look at the centre cross-over on the ribbon!

JimmyPierce2.jpg

JimmyPierce1-1.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
A 1 7/8" brim, which can be turned down or kept up in a semi-Homburg look. $160 for a custom hat!...go on Fedora Loungers, give Jimmy some support and get him creative! Look at the centre cross-over on the ribbon!

JimmyPierce2.jpg

JimmyPierce1-1.jpg

Holy Smokes That is sharp. You are definately on a roll with these wonderful custom lids. Absolutely wonderful. Jimmy should be really proud of that one:eusa_clap Could we get the details on that one. Looks grey on my screen with blue-grey ribbon work

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Green it is!

I asked Jimmy for a moss green, rabbit center dent, with a lighter green ribbon, and 1 7/8" stingy brim. At $160, Jimmy`s order book should be smokin...

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
I asked Jimmy for a moss green, rabbit center dent, with a lighter green ribbon, and 1 7/8" stingy brim. At $160, Jimmy`s order book should be smokin...

Thanks D. Okay, I can make out the colors on second picture better. $160 for that lid, were you pointing a gun at him with a skimask on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D What a deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn