Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Forums

Arctichighlandr

New in Town
I was curious if anyone knew of other interesting hat forums out there? I'm very interested in traditional Fedoras but also have an interest in all kinds of felt hats - western, derby, homburg, top; I googled but didn't find much.

Russ

One of the Regulars
The hat forum on Club Obi Wan focuses specifically on Indiana Jones' fedora, which makes it more narrow in scope than here. Still, a lot of the posts can apply to hats in general (taper issues, etc). There's another hat forum which mainly focuses on the hats produced by the man who runs the forum, although it appears other topics are welcome there. I'd give the name, but I understand that would constitute one of the deadly sins around here.

I did find one other general hat forum out there, but those annoying twitchy animated advertisements kept popping up all the time -- even blocking the view of the messages -- and the traffic was very low (probably because of this). I tried to browse it but got a headache. Here's the link, if you need a headache. :)

http://pub23.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=1948067842&cpv=1

Tha's all I've found out there, at least in English, but I will say it's easy as pie and fairly inexpensive (actually free) to start a phpBB type forum like this one. I've started three (not hat forums) and I'm technically challenged and usually without much spare change. The difficult part is getting people to come to the party. I have observed more hats in the stores and on peoples' heads lately, and if this signifies a trend, more hat forums might possibly follow to accomodate the various hat tastes.

Arctichighlandr

New in Town
I'm surprised there aren't more.

Thanks. YouTube was different but didn't actually have anything related to hats. I hunted around Club Obi Wan but couldn't fine a forum or anything related to even Indy hats on the site - could you PM me on the URL?

I tried the one with the pop up ads and with my pop up ad blocker it was tolerable to look around. It seemed a bit skeletal and primitive but worth exploring a bit more before writing it off.

Someone PM'd me on the unmentionable site - but you can't look around until you're registered and approved. But whatever I find there I won't post on here, either positive or negative.

I am surprised that there is so little out there. I would have guessed there would have been many more general and specialized hat forums - eg western hats, Stetson hats, Borsalino hats, derby hats, top hats, etc.. I shoot and there are multiple forums that duplicate and overlap each other that cover every aspect of shooting and every firearm ever made.

Arctichighlandr

New in Town
YouTube

Cute. I guess I should have phrased that differently: YouTube was different but didn't actually have any information related to hats.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Arctichighlandr said:
Cute. I guess I should have phrased that differently: YouTube was different but didn't actually have any information related to hats.
No, it didn't. But it sure was a, uh...well...shall we say...a FLASHBACK for me. Not quites as much as Puffnstuff, but pretty damn close.

That whacky, whacky Charles Nelson Reilly! He cracks me up!

Baggers

Practically Family
Arctichighlandr said:
Thanks. YouTube was different but didn't actually have anything related to hats. I hunted around Club Obi Wan but couldn't fine a forum or anything related to even Indy hats on the site - could you PM me on the URL?

Uhh, did you like, try the section called "The Fedora"? :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Arctichighlandr

New in Town
No Fedora section

Baggers said:
Uhh, did you like, try the section called "The Fedora"? :rolleyes: Cheers!

There wasn't any forums at all or Fedora listing at the site I googled which was "Welome to Club Obi Wan". I regoogled and search around the site again and still found nothing there. So I googled again and found other Club Obi Won listings and finally located the correct site. If anyone else is interested in checking it out the URL is:
http://www.indygear.com/cow/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=2070050e5156639665199a448220045e

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace