Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Help?

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
Hi Ladies,

I have recently started buying a few vintage hats (though I am not sure if they are called hats) one that is a headband style, one a mini boater and this one - https://www.etsy.com/transaction/71893272

I purchased the last one as I absolutely adore Lucille ball and she wore many like it in I Love Lucy. Now the only problem is I have absolutely no idea how to make it stay on my head. It came with a small hat pin...but that would only secure it near the bottom...and even then "secure" is too strong a word to use. I have looked on youtube and searched threads and I am either completely daft and missing them or am not searching for the right thing. Hopefully you lovely ladies can help me because I am at a complete loss.

Thank you in advance.

Flicka

One Too Many
There are thin elastic band made especially for hats that you can hide under your hair (obviously it goes in the back, not under the chin). Google for millinery supplies and you'll find them. Another alternative, that my millinery books mention, is to attach a comb to the hat which makes it easier to secure it.

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
This is probably too trivial, but try tilting it at an angle on your head (like Dita does with her hats). I know that helps me with mine that are sit awkwardly on the head. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner