Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Primer

chilidawgguy

New in Town
For those of us who are new to vintage hats and are interested in collecting them, it would be greatly useful if some of you old pros would put together a primer. What are the most desireable hats? Makers, styles, materials. What to look for when purchasing on ebay? What price ranges? As is evidenced by one of the other threads from yesterday, mistakes can be costly. What about it folks? Care to share some of your knowledge?

Tudor

Familiar Face
I hope that you are blessed with wearing a hat size of anything other than 7-3/8... Or, at least have the financial resources to be able to pay the prices wide brimmed hats of this size command.
Dennis

jbrown173

New in Town
This may be a job for a newbie

Maybe it'll take one of us newbies to comb through the archives and edit our own primer based on what we find, plus internet research. I'm sure the seasoned members would then be happy to correct, add, tweak, fill in the gaps as needed. I'm not necessarily volunteering, mind you, but maybe if you have more free time than I do you could get the thing rolling and others would be more motivated to jump on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24