Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat question

Dubya

One of the Regulars
I wonder if anyone could help. I have my eye on a vintage 'Superior Manufacture' straw Boater in very good condition.

Has anyone heard of this make, and is it a good make?

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am not a boater owner, and far from an expert on makes and so forth, however, that boater looks clean and sharp in the pictures. I would think if you like it and feel it is not too high priced, go for it!

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
Short brim fedora ?

Hello,

Few days ago I saw this hat : http://chapeau.bon-clic-bon-genre.fr/cleve.htm

I kind of like the form factor. I keep wearing trilbies but I'm beginning to get bored of them.
However I 'm not ready to wear "classic Fedoras"

So this one seems to be just in-between in terms of size. Now the problem : it's made of wool.

I'm looking for a similarly shaped hat made of fur or beaver so that I can wear it when it rains in fall/winter time.

I don't have a huge budget, no more than $100. Any idea where I can look ?

viclip

Practically Family
If you already have American dollars, consider reviewing the Akubra offerings of the several well-known Australian Web sellers. Due to the exchange rate situation with the Australian dollar, there are some real bargains to be had. Akubras are high quality fur felt hats, they're great all-weather headwear, & come in numerous styles.

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
For the asking price of this hat, I think that you can get a decent fur felt hat. Akubra sells a number of hats near your price ranges. In addition, I recently received a custom D'acquino hat. It's a fantastic beaver felt hat. You can get a custom rabbit fur hat for about $60 plus $17 shipping, which is well within your budget.

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
thanks for your replies, I appreciate.

I did think about Akruba as I previously ordered a Federation IV three or fours years ago. I never wear though cause it has a too tall crown for me.
I'm looking for short brim and small crown. I will go through their collection

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Short brim fedora ?

thanks for your replies, I appreciate.

I did think about Akruba as I previously ordered a Federation IV three or fours years ago. I never wear though cause it has a too tall crown for me.
I'm looking for short brim and small crown. I will go through their collection

A few year back I owned an Akubra Hampton, very nice hat and could fit what you're looking for.

06cea9472a12b6d2c60127f0e11fe47c.jpg

f8101d6258b3bb18944da8c1faa95d17.jpg

For the asking price of this hat, I think that you can get a decent fur felt hat. Akubra sells a number of hats near your price ranges. In addition, I recently received a custom D'acquino hat. It's a fantastic beaver felt hat. You can get a custom rabbit fur hat for about $60 plus $17 shipping, which is well within your budget.

^^^What he said. Look for D'Aquino on Etsy.

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
The Akruba Hampton is nice but I' m wondering whether the crown is too high or not
The jaxson Monk is a pork pie and not shaped as a fedora..too bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner