Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Storage

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Okay, back on topic. I was at Horsetown looking at some replacement hat bands and just happened to look above the shelves of hats while there. There's a three-hat box at the far right that caught my eye. Didn't dare ask for a price because I might have walked out with it.

d414837bc1fb076cc494433422f8fb14.jpg

528dbf8f6feda6b296b5b8b91620b096.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Attempt -----> I bought 50 uline 15" x 15" x 6" corrugated cardboard boxes for $50 beans.

And now am thinking to, perhaps, buy a load of acid free tissue paper in which to ensconce the hats as to mitigate the fact I cannot afford 50+ acid-free boxes.

Question: Is the tissue paper a waste of $$$, as the box will off-gas some acidic compounds at some point.
I'm thinking it's better than nothing and far better than the original manufactures boxes (archively speaking).

Aussiebowlerhatfan

New in Town
G'day from North Warrandyte Melbourne Victoria Australia! :) &happy new year to all.
As i'm both new to wearing hats& my favoutite's bowler hat does anyone know both exactly&precisely what brand&type of bowler hat the late&great John Henry "Bonzo" Bonham wore&now his son Jason?, Any other "Aussies/Ozzies" in this forum/group?.

RJR

Finally broke down and bought a hat rack. Love it, but now it is even more evident how darn many hats I have. And I still need another one. And I still have to find a place for this one. It's either time to thin the herd or buy a bigger house!

I know the problem :D.

Finally broke down and bought a hat rack. Love it, but now it is even more evident how darn many hats I have. And I still need another one. And I still have to find a place for this one. It's either time to thin the herd or buy a bigger house!

Yeah, I need something like that. The hat tree I currently have only holds about half a dozen.

Rick Blaine

I got these for three bucks each (in a pack of 5o), here, delivered, way out yonder here to to Hooterville. The cost item alone was $100 but the shipping was fifty, high freight but worth it. They are polyprope' with a white cardboard side. These are $7 or $8 on ePay w/ an idiotic $16 postage!
I hope to reclaim the guest bedroom before she who must be obeyed loses all patience with your humble corespondent. To say nothing of protection from dust & critters.

Just thought to pass this along, gang, FWIW. Ask for Grace, tell her "that idiot from Tennessee" sent ya'.
Have a super turkey day, all. My wife is Canadian, so we've already had one thanksgiving, six weeks ago when it was 89°!

rclark

Call Me a Cab

I got these for three bucks each (in a pack of 5o), here, delivered, way out yonder here to to Hooterville. The cost item alone was $100 but the shipping was fifty, high freight but worth it. They are polyprope' with a white cardboard side. These are $7 or $8 on ePay w/ an idiotic $16 postage!
I hope to reclaim the guest bedroom before she who must be obeyed loses all patience with your humble corespondent. To say nothing of protection from dust & critters.

Just thought to pass this along, gang, FWIW. Ask for Grace, tell her "that idiot from Tennessee" sent ya'.
Have a super turkey day, all. My wife is Canadian, so we've already had one thanksgiving, six weeks ago when it was 89°!
How many hats per container?

Rick Blaine

How many hats per container?

They give the following description
"Made of 80 grams material. Clear PVC on top to see what's inside with a nonwoven handle. Bottom is solid black. Cardboard insert is included. Size: 19" in diameter x 11" tall Packed 50 pieces/case" So I dunno, I was think one per, but you're right, it likely has adequate room for more than one. Even better!

RJR

Good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy