Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Virgin about to make plunge!

interlocutor

New in Town
trilby...

OldSkoolFrat said:
most wore what I think is called a "Tribly"?

Do you mean a Trilby? This is the British term for most soft felt hats, as they were popularized by the stage play of that name. A Trilby should have a narrower brim, but is in practice used as a catch all.

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Hat is lovely, but a tad large, ordered some "Fedora Felts." They should do the trick nicely, but do they go inside or outside the sweatband?

As a white water kayaker, I am a bit schooled in using foam to fit helmets and such; a lid is a lid, right?

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Well Guys and Dolls,

The Fedora Felts came in fixed them into the hat, walked downstairs and the wife thinks the hat is divine. Just he other evening we were watching The Maltese Falcon and she commented on the clothes. :)

Am used to fitting foam and such for my and her kayak helmets, so it was easy. My personal thought is that the FS should include instructions on how to place them, I have done this sort of thing with many types of helmets, so I didn't need instruction, but was suprised at the lack thereof. [huh]

Anyway, went back out to the local grocery wearing said hat and LOVED it! Everyone was wondering what I was at in that hat.:D

Pics to follow soonest.

OSF

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Located right in the product listing on the webpage:

They are self-adhesive on one side with 1/8"-thick durable quality felt. Peel the back and place inside your hat's sweatband where you need it "snugged-up". With 20 inches of stripping, these can reduce a hat size by 1/2"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24