Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Wearers: You're Just Trying to Be Don Draper. Stop It.

bradford

Familiar Face
I'm surprised how many of you do not watch this show. It's really one of the best done shows on TV and Don Draper is far from being a douchebag as some have stated.

The clothes are appropriate to the times and the article is funny about how modern people respond to people dressing in a classic style.

P.S. AMC has very few original series and still plays tons of movies although their definition of "classic" sometimes leaves something to be desired. With that in mind, I'll be enjoying "For Love of the Game" tonight.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
funny writing, and he's seen the show.

But anyone who cares that much about other people's fashion choices had better have a team of professionals to dress him.

here's the author, btw.
Anyone feel like writing a scathing counterarticle about how it shouldn't really be okay for grown men to dress like they're getting pizza with dad after little league past the age of 13, even if everyone else does?
41664_1325814414_3722_n.jpg

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
And how about his choice of car. Cool as it is, anyone who drives a classic muscle car that looks like one from an old tv show should think twice before commenting on vintage style. :eusa_doh:

Bustercat said:

But anyone who cares that much about other people's fashion choices had better have a team of professionals to dress him.

here's the author, btw.
Anyone feel like writing a scathing counterarticle about how it shouldn't really be okay for grown men to dress like they're getting pizza with dad after little league past the age of 13, even if everyone else does?

Bustercat said:

here's the author, btw.

Very vintage---looks like Spanky from Our Gang. :rolleyes: :p

Mr E Train

One Too Many

"I drive an exact copy of Starsky and Hutch's car, but I'm going to make fun of you and say you're just trying to be Don Draper if you wear a fedora. Hypocrisy...moi??"

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
danofarlington said:
There's a lifetime hat for you.

You said it, brother!

I like the Outbacke/Western/Fedora hybrid look. It's got style, but to me it carries with it a kind of authority (maybe it's just because I'm ballsy enough to wear it lol.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925