Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatalog-5 2003 LaSalle grey Optimo

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The crown was shaped by Rundquist

lgoptside-vi.jpg
lgoptfront-vi.jpg
lgoptsnap-vi.jpg
lgoptliner-vi.jpg
lgoptinitials-vi.jpg

lgoptleather2-vi.jpg

This hat was meant to be a copy of the hat below. I think my Optimo needs a little bit of a wider ribbon, and after watching the movie I think the ribbon is closer to a char-grey than a black.
gray41vi-vi.jpg
gray6vi-vi.jpg

Rundquist

A-List Customer
That hat is just crying to be broken in. Matt didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t want a tight front pinch. That would have helped immensely with the Indy look. It will get there, but it needs a little bit of wear. Cheers

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Very cool Matt,
After seeing your lid Saturday, I called Optimo and talked to Kevin today. Unfortunatly he is out of LaSalle Grey in 7 1/2 :( , but he still has Mercury and Charcoal. He's sending me some felt samples today so hopefully there will be one that I like. Otherwise maybe I'll wait until next year and pick up an Indy Brown this year.
PBG

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
The felt "felt" good to me!:) It felt thinner them my PB2. I like the thin felt for an Indy hat, but for a grey one I think I prefer the heavier felt.
PBG

Sergei

Gone Home
PBG,
I can bring my Mercury Gray with me to the Del Mar gun show next weekend. We are planning on getting together on Sunday (Oct 19th).

In my opinion, although the Mercury is thin felt, it does appear to be slightly thicker than my Indy Brown. It has the gorgeous, nutria/beaver combo.

-S

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Thanx Sergei,
I don't think I can make it though. Since I'll be @ the Vintage Expo on Saturday, I'll need a day to relax. I've been burning the candle @ both ends lately and I was lucky to get a day off of work to hike with you guys last week. I do want to see that hat in person soon though.
PBG

Rundquist

A-List Customer
I like Matt's hat more every time I see it. It was always a nice hat, but I have to admit that I liked the summerweight felt better. Now that the hat is really breaking in, I can see it for what it is, really nice. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner