Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatbox Homage

John Galt

Vendor
Some of my boxes.

ena6agyv.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Thanks, that's most of it, anyway. Here 's a nice very thick and hard bodied old Stetson box. I have a Dobbs box with similar features, but different design. Another day...

nu7ynyny.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Here's the Knox I bought the day I found Harv's Roxford. I chose this (triple?) over that great box. It is holding two at the moment.

y4yjyzu7.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Here's my last for this morning, with the original occupant, a fairly wide brimmed Grey Dobbs VVL, and just visiting - his Canadian short-brimmed cousin, a moss green VVL 20.

uverymyq.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
I try to buy hats with boxes - boxes are not economical to buy alone, but the differential usually favors the buyer when purchased with a hat.

John Galt

Vendor
Here's a great old Stetson I bought Friday for $12.00, along with a Dobbs octogon for $10 (not pictured). I guess good deals do come along, but they are usually in person. Shipping hurts! That's why I like to get a hat in the box ;-)

5umeja6u.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
This came with a Stetson I bought, because of the expo logo on the sweatband this must date somewhere in the 1915-1930ish time period. curiously someone wrote 1938 felt hat on the top

2014-09-15231525_zpscc2d635f.jpg 2014-09-15231459_zps2d0dd380.jpg

2014-09-15231414_zpse74980ac.jpg

DOGMAN

One Too Many
My wife and I went and hit a few antique shops Friday.It was a fun day.I found 5 hat boxes,the champ was $5,the rest were a $8 to $9 apiece.2 Stetsons,1 Knox,1 Champ,and a very cool Caxton.

fedoracentric

Banned
Don't own a Disney hat, but if I ever find one... I gots this here box!

disney_box.JPG

I thought the box was a classic design. It is one of those hard cardboard boxes, too, the kind nearly strong enough to stand on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner