Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heather and Yon...

Wow Guys! Sometimes these old threads really bring out the best in everyone's collections. Enjoyed these posts very much. Now I want a finish like this in my collection.

The reemergence of this thread inspired me to do a heather comparison. A few photos below, you can see more in the Side By Side Hat Comparisons thread.

heathers1.jpg

heathers2.jpg

heathers3.jpg

heathers4.jpg
Simply wonderful. Thanks for sharing, Alan.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I'll continue with my own heather, even though I cannot hope to compete with Alan's great collection.
Adler, size 55, in grey. Probably woolfelt. Brim at 6cm and crown at 10 cm in front.
Stefan the Adler and the Borsalino misto nebbia (in Padana plan it is often present) are my favorites!
Yes, to have heather felt or "misto" as we call it here, it is necessary some amount of woll to have colors inside felt

Stefan the Adler and the Borsalino misto nebbia (in Padana plan it is often present) are my favorites!
Yes, to have heather felt or "misto" as we call it here, it is necessary some amount of woll to have colors inside felt
Daniele, thanks. The Borsalino is one of my very favourite hats. As you know I try to add heather felt hats to the collection whenever possible.

I'll continue with my own heather, even though I cannot hope to compete with Alan's great collection.
Adler, size 55, in grey. Probably woolfelt. Brim at 6cm and crown at 10 cm in front.

View attachment 91193 View attachment 91194 View attachment 91195 View attachment 91196 View attachment 91197 View attachment 91198 View attachment 91199 View attachment 91200
Stefan, It's an old (probably 1930s) Wegener. Old Wegener Soft Felts are very rare finds.

Also the "Rein Haar" was made by Mayser.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner