Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello All, Just found the Board!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
I just have the one Montecristi. It's a Panama Bob hat blocked by Art Fawcett. I also have a couple of beater Cuencas I got from Bob for knocking around in. I need to add more straws, though. I'm way too heavily weighted toward felts.
Will you be getting matching Works of Art for these new straws too?lol :D

wldthistle

New in Town
So who are the cap wearers around here? I have trouble finding ones that fit around here. Usually nothing more than "Country Gentleman" brand, which I don't particularly care for in terms of fit. I've a relatively large head - 7 1/2 if my measurements are correct, and if I can find a cap that fits in terms of circumference, I generally find it too shallow. Maybe I don't wear them like most people, but I really want my cap to do more than just sit on top of my head. Any suggestions?

Again, than you everybody for the great welcome!

-Greg

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome, Neighbor!

I've lived in DC for the past 7 years... Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

You have diverse interests, but what is your ideal hat?

wldthistle

New in Town
johnnyphi said:
I've lived in DC for the past 7 years... Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

You have diverse interests, but what is your ideal hat?

My ideal hat... that's a hard one, since different occasions call for different hats. I would love the occasion to wear a top hat with white tie, but I don't see that happening soon. So for now, since I generally dress pretty casually (often jeans, button-down shirt, wool coat or a sport coat when it's a bit warmer, and either brown chelsea boots or black cap-toe oxfords), a rather casual hat is probably most appropriate. I'm still not sure where the line is. I guess I don't know enough about hats yet to say what my perfect hat is (or maybe I know just enough to say I don't know!).

Any tips for places to shop in DC, either for hats or clothing in general? I don't have my car here and I haven't figured out the bus system (except for the Circulator), so I'm pretty much metro bound. I usually go to Filene's Basement, or to the Marshalls at Pentagon City.

-Greg

wldthistle

New in Town
wldthistle said:
Just ordered this Austrian hat in olive green, and am currently looking at those Russian fur hats.

Argh! UPS now says my delivery has been rescheduled... have to wait until Tuesday. Anyone know if the hat stores around here are any good? Decent prices? The only one I know of is in Georgetown. Last time I was there, I knew even less than I do now about hats, and everything seemed expensive. Since the store's in Georgetown though, I imagine I was probably right in thinking that.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Try ..The Hat Barn

wldthistle said:
Argh! UPS now says my delivery has been rescheduled... have to wait until Tuesday. Anyone know if the hat stores around here are any good? Decent prices? The only one I know of is in Georgetown. Last time I was there, I knew even less than I do now about hats, and everything seemed expensive. Since the store's in Georgetown though, I imagine I was probably right in thinking that.

If you get down I-95 to Fredericksburg, the Hat Barn is at the Spotyslvania exit 126 by the Cracker Barrel.

wldthistle

New in Town
Aquia33 said:
If you get down I-95 to Fredericksburg, the Hat Barn is at the Spotyslvania exit 126 by the Cracker Barrel.

Ah, if only I had my car here. I'll keep it in mind, in case I ever manage to find my way out there. Thanks!

wldthistle

New in Town
bolthead said:
I'd say you need look no further than ur own "jonnyphi"....you pretty much struck the mother lode there son. :D

It is something to think that all of those hats are so close. I thought jonnyphi was going to sell on ebay though? I haven't read the thread today, but last I checked nobody's convinced him to open a hat shop in his living room.

Jonnyphi, still planning on selling them all on ebay?

-Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner