Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help finding boots (cheap, I can find the expensive versions)...

Kodiak

A-List Customer
I've finally found the style of boots that I want. Not too modern looking, plenty of classic leather style, but not too old-school, so that I would feel bad wearing them in the mud. The ones I've found are Frye Harness 8R or 12R.

The only problem is, I can't seem to find them for a decent price, in my size. I have a very small foot and a smaller budget (I would probably take a size 7 1/2 or 8). The closest thing that I've found to the price I would need is on eBay, for $139 plus shipping. So, if you happen to run across anything any cheaper, please let me know.

And of course, this might be interpreted as not-quite-vintage-enough, but please, if you have any info or sites that I might be able to use, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Doug C

Practically Family
Kodiak - I have a brand new (never worn) pair of JCrew Decker boots in size 8 that I will be selling soon. They are generally used by the Indiana Jones folks who don't want to spend the big money on the Alden 405 boots, which the Deckers are really, really close matches. They are a laced ankle boot. Make me an offer if you're interested.

Doug C

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Doug C said:
Kodiak - I have a brand new (never worn) pair of JCrew Decker boots in size 8 that I will be selling soon. They are generally used by the Indiana Jones folks who don't want to spend the big money on the Alden 405 boots, which the Deckers are really, really close matches. They are a laced ankle boot. Make me an offer if you're interested.

Doug C

I might be interested... I don't really know. I always confuse the Ruggeds and the Deckers, so if you were to PM me some pics... you never know. I might just decide to blow some cash [huh]

But I must admit... you kinda aren't following me. I don't really care for lace up boots. I mean, I like them, they just aren't what I need. I'm more in the market for a pull-on, harness/engineer type. Think Marlon Brando and you've got it.

Doug C

Practically Family
Kodiak, I did realize after I posted that, you had named a specific boot and I also assumed that if it was a Frye boot that it was probably a pull on...sorry about that. I will PM you on the Deckers.

Doug C

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
There are several sellers on eBay who weekly list hoardes or brand new Red Wing engineer boots which can often be had for a pittance. And by pttance I mean $75 or less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot