Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help finding womans movie fedora

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
I was watching Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow with my wife this evening and she told me she really loved the fedora that Gwyneth Paltorw's character wears. I found this post
BettyValentine said:
SkyCaptain_10.jpg

New question!! Heh. The more I'm looking at these pictures, the more I want this hat! ^_^ Does anyone know where I might be able to find one? Love the color. I also have an oblong, 23 3/4" head, which makes these things difficult.

BV
in this forum http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=15412 and saw that no one had replied. So I pose the question to you loungers. Does anyone know what kind of hat this is and where to come by one like it? Thanks for any and all help.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Ladies fedoras often show up on ebay. Also, you're more likely to see a vintage ladies fedora at an antique store than a guy's hat. Have you tried that route?

MisterGrey

Practically Family
A catalog to which I used to subscribe used to offer a very similar hat, called "The Garbo." At the time, I was just out of high school and thought the price was exorbitant for a hat; in retrospect, it was rather reasonable ($80-something, IIRC). Now that I actually have someone to buy it for, though, I can't seem to find it-- or any other women's fedoras--anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy