Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help For Choosing a Hair Dryer?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I live with three ladies, so we kind of use a lot of hair dryers at my house. The thing is, they seem to get weaker every time we get one, with less and less air volume. Or they get so hot it's scary.

Who makes the best hand held dryer? What does one look for? Wattage?

Dracca

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
I live with three ladies, so we kind of use a lot of hair dryers at my house. The thing is, they seem to get weaker every time we get one, with less and less air volume. Or they get so hot it's scary.

Who makes the best hand held dryer? What does one look for? Wattage?

Well, I am not an expert but have tried several and finally bought a professional one. When you have somewhat long hair (which I don't anymore, got rid of about 7 inches last spring, so I am at shoulder length now, which still takes long enough to dry that you can damage it easily) you can get a lot of heat damage from drying when you do it regularly.

This is mine

http://www.folica.com/Sedu_Ultrasilen_d2408.html

and you can adjust the temperature well (combining three hot and three cool to get the right temp you like between mixing those settings) and it is also made to damage hair less and leave more shine and dry fast. I don't know about it's "silent" claim, it makes a noise, just not as loud as a normal hairdryer. It has a very long cord so it is easy to move around. I have been very happy with it...and it is powerful and comes with several add ons. You can read other reviews of it at that link. That is where I ordered mine from as well (and they seem to have them on sale at the moment) and I was happy with their service. However, if you live in a major city you may be able to stop in a Beauty supply or have your stylist order one for you and not have to pay the shipping, etc.

I was not comfortable with spending quite so much on a dryer but I will say it has improved my hair and does leave it very shiny and soft and works fast. I don't regret one penny and would do it again if it died. They have a 1 year warranty, so far mine is going on 2 years with my husbands daily use and my using it at least 2 times a week, often 3-4 times a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou