Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me find a light fixture...

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
I'm restoring a 1927 Tudor, and I'm always in search for the perfect lighting fixture. I saw this one on "The Big Bang Theory." It's white milk glass in almost a tear-drop shape, with a cinched bronze band. If you know where I can find a similar one, please let me know!

Picture1-1.png

Picture1-1-1.png

If you have any other suggestions, I'd like to see those, too. Unfortunately, when I bought the place, there wasn't one original fixture!

THANKS!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Not inexpensive, but I'd give a look here at Restoration Hardware.

Though neither are the image you posted, I'd say the Optic collection or the Schoolhouse collection with the milkglass shade could work.

Good luck!

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Places I've already looked...

Thanks for the suggestion! I was hoping to find an exact match to the fixture in the program. Restoration Hardware is a great source, though, and I was lucky enough to find a couple fixtures at their Michigan clearance center. Schoolhouse Electric is also another good source, but I'm looking for something a little more out of the ordinary.

Over the last year, these are the fixtures I've purchased:

ColtonHallTwoLightSemiFlushMountinO.jpg

I bought this one from CSN Lighting for the entrance hall.

It replaced something that looked like this:
Picture3.png

prod1432019_FFLS-09.jpg

This one is from the Restoration Hardware clearance center for the dining room. It's more contemporary, but is a nice contrast to the intricate plaster work:
9123_178740060730_513745730_4238-1.jpg

It replaced this plastic monstrosity:
n513745730_2791022_1510798.jpg

Medallion2375SemiFlushMountinPallad.jpg

This one is also from CSN and replaced a ceiling fan in the library (ack!).

Picture2.png

I just received this one from CSN for main stair landing.

18561_254599810730_513745730_483-1.jpg

And finally this one is in the kitchen, also from the Restoration Hardware clearance center. I purchased on in bronze, too, for the third floor stair landing since it was such a deal!

EricH

One of the Regulars
Hands down the best source for period lighting

Rejuvenationhouseparts.com

Could well be the source for the show.

Eric
Old house owner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran