Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me pick a Guerra hat

David Bresch

Familiar Face
Some may recall that I have posted recently about acquiring hats for the first time. I received a very nice dark blue hat from Art Fawcett; a Milan straw is in the mail to me from Optimo. I almost did not know what to make of the Art Fawcett hat because I am so unknowledgeable about what makes a fine hat, but on the basis alone of having a hat the color I wanted in the style I wanted that fit me, I did well to get an Art Fawcett. I know its virtues will become clearer to me as I wear it (it is a winter hat of heavy felt).

I looked at a lot of old posts and I settled on trying Guerra, amongst production hats. They are hard to find. Miller Hats sells two models. Traclet in France sells 1 fedora from Guerra. I have found a source that will obtain for me any Guerra I want in any color or size.

When I go to Guerra's web site, my Italian fails me ("you mean 'antipasto' is not a hat term?"). So I am asking for help from the experts. This is the site:

http://www.guerra1855.com/uk/cappelli_famiglia.asp?Famiglia=CLASSIC

Can anyone help me select a model? I want the hat to be in loden green. I want it to have a 2" brim (no shorter) and grosgrain. Any suggestions? The hat should be suitable for "country" wear.

riccardo

Practically Family
David Bresch said:
Some may recall that I have posted recently about acquiring hats for the first time. I received a very nice dark blue hat from Art Fawcett; a Milan straw is in the mail to me from Optimo. I almost did not know what to make of the Art Fawcett hat because I am so unknowledgeable about what makes a fine hat, but on the basis alone of having a hat the color I wanted in the style I wanted that fit me, I did well to get an Art Fawcett. I know its virtues will become clearer to me as I wear it (it is a winter hat of heavy felt).

I looked at a lot of old posts and I settled on trying Guerra, amongst production hats. They are hard to find. Miller Hats sells two models. Traclet in France sells 1 fedora from Guerra. I have found a source that will obtain for me any Guerra I want in any color or size.

When I go to Guerra's web site, my Italian fails me ("you mean 'antipasto' is not a hat term?"). So I am asking for help from the experts. This is the site:

http://www.guerra1855.com/uk/cappelli_famiglia.asp?Famiglia=CLASSIC

Can anyone help me select a model? I want the hat to be in loden green. I want it to have a 2" brim (no shorter) and grosgrain. Any suggestions? The hat should be suitable for "country" wear.

Hi David, (hi Diego)
I would like to advice you a source: www.cappelleriamelegari.it;
take a look, and, if you want mail to mr. Sergio Anzani at cappelleria melegari mail address. Mr Anzani is a good english spoken, he is a very nice person and I'm sure he coul help you.
For any need ( for shipping from Italy... custom... ... free...) there are here two italian members that could help you...
Like a friend did for me...

Best wishes.
Riccardo.

David Bresch

Familiar Face
There goes my "secret" source! I would have had Sergio custom-make me a hat but he only uses rabiit fur-felt, so I thought I would try the Guerra, which I suspect is also rabbit fur, but would be a "production" hat versus a "custom" hat. What are the shortcomings of rabbit fur-felt? Are Borsalinos made with rabbit fur-felt?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Borsalino hats are made from rabbit and hare fur. They also have a line of beaver hats . By the way , the website for the hat store in Italy cant be opened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters