Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Unbranded jeans feel crushing my balls

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
It's just a matter of materials and style/cut.
Luckily, many sellers have started listing more different measurements for jeans. I have thick thighs and wide hips (not to be confused with fat ass) and I prefer straight jeans from the 1940s and 1950s. Although of course I did not find my style right away.
I enjoy wearing 25oz denim. I do not experience any discomfort (except for the first week) and nothing is stained. And I love to wear thin stretch jeans with elastane.
I think the ideal option is 17oz plus elastane. But I have never seen them anywhere.

190z plus stretch

Rich22

Practically Family

190z plus stretch
Another pair of jeans for skinny dudes. Sigh. Iron Heart really dislike men that play sport or lift weights. I get that the weedy no sport look is currently fashionable, and that Asian guys will naturally have a more slender frame, but jeeze, I wish they'd throw athletic guys a bone. The 888 cut is a step in the right direction, but the high front rise (which counteracts the high rear rise essential for those with strong glutes), wide hips, and a sharp taper than leaves mid thigh and knee tight, still isn't cutting it. It's just an Everyman cut masquerading as an athletic cut.

The traditional 1955S cut is actually closer to what strong guys need from a pair of jeans, funnily enough, and the only issue is the mega high front rise, that ruined them for me. Slightly more taper below the knee would look more modern, sure, but at least they'd be wearable!

born113

One of the Regulars
Iron Heart really dislike men that play sport or lift weights
For example, I have never played sports in my life. I'm just "unlucky" to be born with an athletic build. So now I'm looking everywhere for clothes of 1940-1980s styles.

Rich22

Practically Family
For example, I have never played sports in my life. I'm just "unlucky" to be born with an athletic build. So now I'm looking everywhere for clothes of 1940-1980s styles.
A modern look, but a great fit- Levi's 541's. They have another athletic cut too, but that's only sold in America. The sales guy in the Levi's store, that told me about them, said it was a shame they didn't sell them in the UK because they fit black guys well (he was black). Asian gents are certainly doing better with the jeans luck it seems- many others are left with a variety of jeans that expose their ass crack.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Another pair of jeans for skinny dudes. Sigh. Iron Heart really dislike men that play sport or lift weights. I get that the weedy no sport look is currently fashionable, and that Asian guys will naturally have a more slender frame, but jeeze, I wish they'd throw athletic guys a bone. The 888 cut is a step in the right direction, but the high front rise (which counteracts the high rear rise essential for those with strong glutes), wide hips, and a sharp taper than leaves mid thigh and knee tight, still isn't cutting it. It's just an Everyman cut masquerading as an athletic cut.

The traditional 1955S cut is actually closer to what strong guys need from a pair of jeans, funnily enough, and the only issue is the mega high front rise, that ruined them for me. Slightly more taper below the knee would look more modern, sure, but at least they'd be wearable!
The thing is, with stretch in the denim, even 2% you can comfortably fit into sizes that otherwise wouldn’t fit. For IH i only fit in the 634 straight cut because i need the thigh dimensions. However, i have some N&F that are narrower but just as comfortable because of stretch.

Rich22

Practically Family
The thing is, with stretch in the denim, even 2% you can comfortably fit into sizes that otherwise wouldn’t fit. For IH i only fit in the 634 straight cut because i need the thigh dimensions. However, i have some N&F that are narrower but just as comfortable because of stretch.
From my own personal experience with 2% stretch jeans, I still need them to fit properly, or it is very unpleasant. Having the stretch kick in when seated or taking a big stride is one thing, but I don't want the material pulled taut when I'm standing relaxed. That's the reason jeggings with maybe 8% stretch exist, for guys and girls that want denim that fits like leggings.

I have a pair of 541s that are an inch small in the thigh compared to all the rest I own, and I can wear them and walk in them all day, but it really isn't pleasant. The crotch is not otherwise too small on them, but when I sit the tight thighs cause the ball crushing effect this thread is all about.

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What model did you choose? I am looking for an alternative for my APC Standard which I find to be too short in the leg.
1937 & 1963 cuts as I recollect, the first high waisted with wide legs and the second much lower with slimmer legs. Nice quality at a good price point..works for me

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
It only happens when I sit(due to short rise I think), what can I do? Is it normal for raw jeans?
Whats your recommendation of other brand that is ball-friendly?
You have already gotten a lot of responses, but I will throw out another. I bought a pair of IH-21oz 666 (Devil's fit) and they did the same thing. Since I had spent $365 on these jeans, I was not about to give up. So I would just grab the button fly and get a good grip on it and then squat down while holding this area. This habitual ritual (along with wearing them daily) has softened, stretched/expanded the area for the old family jewels. They are now very comfortable and have some good stress fading in that area. See photo for reference:

Attachments

• IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 96

mtrlr

One of the Regulars
Another reason to avoid cheap Chinese jeans...
For **** sake, man, why does every topic need to be turned into some cultural/political finger pointing? I understand that hating everything Chinese is a favorite online (and offline) game all over the world at the moment, but no one is forcing you to buy anything. You hate Chinese made stuffs, we get it, then don't buy. Heck, you can stick to buying only things made in your village, if that's your cup of tea.

Ball crashing jeans/trousers are the result of very low rise and extremely skinny design. Not only it's bad if you want to pass on your gene to the next generation, it also makes the majority of wearers look like turtle, with very unflattering lower parts. It's popularized from North America and spread all over the world, and that's unfortunate. So I stop buying and stick to my mid or high rise old trousers, or I get custom made if I need a new pair. Just stick to what is comfortable and looks good on you, **** the latest fad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff