Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help with Aero cafe racer order

sleepyMarmot

New in Town
If you've got only a half inch of slack with a 30'' waist , I think that I haven't got a chance to fit a size 38. Sounds like a 40 for me and perhaps ask for 'tighter turnings' as some folks have mentioned they've done to get closer to a 39

jon

New in Town
If you have any pics, please post!

398222396.jpg

398222400.jpg

398222399.jpg

398222398.jpg

398222397.jpg

Last edited:

sleepyMarmot

New in Town
Nice jon! First photo I've seen of the CR with collar - looks really good. These photos help a bunch to judge sizing and have sold me on the fqhh. Is this jacket standard body and arm length?

jon

New in Town
AFAIK, it's a standard size 38 - I didn't ask for any changes to sleeve or body length. Only customizations were the collar, the plain back, and only one breast pocket.

sleepyMarmot

New in Town
Based on the info that I've received from everyone (much thanks to all) my new specification for a cafe racer are:

size 38 with smaller turnings
1 inch added to arms
shoulder only bi-swing back
fqhh dark brown
brown cotton drill lining
Antique brass hardware
2 chest pockets , no handwarmer pockets
2 g-1 inside pockets with thin lining
2 panel arms

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
You could consider satin in the arms. It it less durable, but easier to get on.
I have the drill in my arms and its very grabby. Even tho the satin in my Cheyenne already has wear, I still want it
in my next jakets arms. This has to be weighted back and forth.

I wish they still had the garbadine.

The only color satin at the moment is black and wine.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I use 33/34 in jeans.
33 in diesel and 34 in Nudie dry.

However my waist when measuring with a tape is 37" and this is the measurement I gave to Aero.

jon

New in Town
the hips are the snuggest part of the fit for me, too ... my hips measure about 36.5" where the bottom of the jacket hits them (I realize now that's probably a more relevant measure in this case than my actual waist size - 'sorry about that). As I mentioned, the bottom of my jacket measures 38" around, and with jeans (size 30 in 501s, 31 in Varvatos, 32 in ZZegna) and a belt, there's about a half inch to spare ... of course, that could make it just right for you. 'Talk about your "game of inches...."

BTW: 'sorry for my ignorance, but what are "turnings"? I've seen the term in a few other posts here, but I haven't been able to figure out exactly what it means - apparently, smaller ones seem to give you a little more room, and larger ones make the jacket a little snugger (in some non-uniform proportion of shoulders to chest and abdomen), but I haven't been able to infer exactly what they're doing to make that happen and why they call it that.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
My jacket has 1" extra at the bottom and that might make the fit different.

I found it wierd that you are just 0.5" less then me and can fit a 30!! There is no way I could fit a 30 or 31,
If life depended on it I could loose some and squeeze into a 32, I have a coupple of jeans in 32.

So I remeasured and came up with 37.7"

sleepyMarmot

New in Town
I assume that that 'turnings' have something to do with how the leather is folded at the seams - just the word that Amanda used to describe how they can get between sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner