Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Herbert Johnson Bowler

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Greetings all!

I had recently acquired a Herbert Johnson Bowler. the hat is in excelent condition structurally. Hard as a helmet. The leather sweatband is in great condition, being quite supple to the touch. But the material that attaches it to the hat has deteriorated to the point that the sweat band is no longer attached to the hat. The silk liner is in primo condition to boot. It's a tad small for me and I was wondering if a 6 7/8 could be stretched out to fit my 22" melon or is that idea a lost cause? Would that distort the shape too much? the bowler itself is a long oval which matches my cranium shape so I was hoping that a mild stretching would do the trick.
I have heard about the miracle workings of Art and would love to hear his and anybody elses thoughts on the matter. I would love to be able to salvage this hat to be able to wear it on occasion. It is too nice not to be worn.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any enlightenment that you can shed on this subject.
Take care.

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot