Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey Classified Moderator - a Suggestion for the Classified Section

I think of the classified section here as more of a garage sale. Though I have zero interest in hats it certainly doesn't bother me in the least to view the ads or sift through them.
Specific search engine criteria can easily be met on both eBay or Etsy (which probably 90% of sellers here also use and sell thru) and it's even easier to post a WTB advert here should be looking for something very particular.
Point being that to ask the folks that moderate this site merely to ease your own peruasal of one section seems a bit odd to me. The staff here have regular lives and jobs that surely make such a request seem trivial at best. Clicking the next arrow really isn't that hard and if you're exhausted after clicking a mouse a couple times and viewing 3 pages of listed content, brother, you have a condition.

68d332226ca7e659aa17570c4e5873d1.jpeg

It was such a rough day, Jane. I must have pushed that button three times today!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Wohaa, this thread nearly escalated.. xD!

I believe the users of this place dictate the content, like because we write the stuff you get to read here, right? so if the Sales Section is filled with mostly leather jackets, that's because a majority of the people that use this forum are into leather jackets and at the same time, this Sales section caters this same majority of the users here. This is just how it is and I think it's okay.

If you are one of the people who are into other stuff, no matter whether fedoras, vintage pens, houses or cars, it may be a little more work to find what you look for in the Classifieds, but let's be real here.. it's not that much work to either search via search engine or click through the roughly 10-15 new ads that pop up every day.

And one last note, in my opinion it is in very bad taste and also very hypocritical, to try to enforce your will by passive-agressively suggesting to go elsewhere if not getting what asked for, yet making a big deal out of other people reacting similiarily hostile to such statements.

Wohaa, this thread nearly escalated.. xD!

I believe the users of this place dictate the content, like because we write the stuff you get to read here, right? so if the Sales Section is filled with mostly leather jackets, that's because a majority of the people that use this forum are into leather jackets and at the same time, this Sales section caters this same majority of the users here. This is just how it is and I think it's okay.

If you are one of the people who are into other stuff, no matter whether fedoras, vintage pens, houses or cars, it may be a little more work to find what you look for in the Classifieds, but let's be real here.. it's not that much work to either search via search engine or click through the roughly 10-15 new ads that pop up every day.

And one last note, in my opinion it is in very bad taste and also very hypocritical, to try to enforce your will by passive-agressively suggesting to go elsewhere if not getting what asked for, yet making a big deal out of other people reacting similiarily hostile to such statements.
My comment was more of a joke but the response made it clear:
IMG_9996.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925