Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey Ya'll, Please allow me to introduce myself...

spiridon

A-List Customer
I've been lurking, reading, learning here for a few weeks and thought it was time I should finally say "Hello". Great site ya'll have here.....a LOT of great info and conversation on two things that I love to chat about....hats, and leather jackets.:cool:
I am not nearly as knowledgable as the vast majority here, but love soaking up the knowledge ya'll provide.:cool:
A couple of my other passions are cigars & running/racing (and coaching runners).......two opposite areas of interest I realize....but somehow it seems to work.;) . I am fortunate to be admin of a running forum for the team I coach "Team Spiridon", & moderator for a large "Cigar Forum"....thus providing fuel and an additional outlet for those passions as well.:)

Looking forward to conversing and getting to know everyone here!:cheers1:

Regards!

Solomon Kane

Familiar Face
I am quite new also. But welcome.

I may as well take this oportunity to introduce myself. I am an avid reader of Robert E. Howard, author of Conan and other titles. Some other Fantasy writers spark some intrest. I am a family man and religious zealot of the Christian faith. I have some hats.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Welcome to the Lounge spiridon & Soloman Kane

Welcome aboard lads hope you enjoy repeated visits to the Fedora Lounge. I've found the Lounge to be one terrific web site:

1. Very nice people!

2. Lots of knowledge on hats & fashions/style of the 1930's & 1940's.

Enjoy Peter ;)

spiridon

A-List Customer
Matt Deckard said:
Welcome to the lounge. What types of hats do you wear?

I am partial to fedoras. I have a couple of Dobbs, Biltmores, Baileys, & Stetsons. I also have a Jaxson from VHS which although it may not be "high end" happens to be my favorite at the moment. As far as particular "styles".....I tend to like a lower crown with about a two inch brim. I like the "Bogart" style in a felt, and a "flat top" and optimo in straw.

spiridon

A-List Customer
GraveRobberGreg said:
Welcome to the Lounge. Maybe we can even learn a few things from you.:)

Well, if you ever need any advice on Cigars or perhaps how to train for a Marathon.....I'd be happy to oblige!:)

.....I also enjoy roasting my own coffee, so if anyone wants to taste some GREAT coffee just LMK!

Solomon Kane

Familiar Face
My style runs more to the gothic in appearance. I prefer a wider brimmed fedora, black in color. Dark suits, black shoes. Somber, nothing flashy or gaudy. Ties and pocket squares are entirely another matter. Bright colors and patterns appeal to me.

Colonel

One of the Regulars
I'll add my "welcome" as well as making a quick introduction myself.

I am not a big hat wearer, nor do I own vintage clothing. Why am I here? Because I've found a place where people take the words "Ladies" and "Gentlemen" seriously, and that is really refreshing. The concepts of chivalry and noblesse oblige and just plain old good manners have almost disappeared from our culture, and I search for ways to try and bring them back.

My screen name of "Colonel" comes from receiving a commission as a Kentucky Colonel in September 2004 http://sos.ky.gov/executive/kentuckycolonels.htm.

I am a Bible-Believing Christian, and that is the single dominating factor in my life. Other lesser things are a keen interest in my Southern heritage (the real stuff, not the "redneck hillbilly" stuff). I used to be active in Sons of Confederate Veterans and Military Order of the Stars and Bars.

I own a software business that I founded a bit over 10 years ago, which allows me to work from home. Having one's own business and working from home has got to be one of life's great pleasures.

OK, hats and other stuff: I have a Stetson Temple and a wool felt fishing hat in that same style. I also have a well-worn A-2 jacket. The A-2 now spends most of the time hanging in the closet while I wear an "Indy style" jacket. I just didn't like the knitted waist and cuffs of an A-2. I don't wear a hat much at all unless it's cold and wet (not much of that here in Florida), or when I'm working out in the garden in the sun (where I wear a pith helmet). Nearly all of my clothing tends to have a 1930's look to them though - just not "vintage". So, from a "dress the part" standpoint, I really don't fit in very well here. I trust that I won't be kicked out for that.

Good day and God Bless.

spiridon

A-List Customer
Very nice to meet ya Colonel. I really like your "Location" under your handle.:) I have a good friend, one of my cigar "buddies" I'm sure you would have a grand old time conversing with. He's really into Southern heritage and history as well. We can sit for hours smoking cigars and discussing Southern history. He is a wealth of information. In addition, he amazes me in his ability to "ID" cigars. He can look at an unbanded Cuban cigar and tell you 9 times out ten correctly as to the maker and vitola.

Colonel

One of the Regulars
Spiridon,
I also have a friend that I'm sure you would enjoy meeting. He is big into running. He works for a company that sets up and manages races (running type races). He also does some coaching at the local university. A former Marine, he tried out for the US Olympic summer biathelon team but missed it by one (there's always next time).

Good day and God Bless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot