Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Member here (Soon to be an Aero FQHH Half Belt owner)

technovox

One Too Many
Hi All,
I just wanted to thank everyone for providing a wealth of information and details on Aero, Vanson, Johnson Leathers, and Schott jackets. This group is remarkable in the amount of knowledge, depth of experience and detail provided here, and the members willing to take the time to provide it. I've been lurking for almost a year now, but my love affair with leather jackets began decades ago back in my punk rock days, and over the last few years I've been acquiring a small collection of vintage cafe racers. However, as much as I love the patina, storied history, and charm of vintage leather jackets, it has been only partially satisfying in that it was always someone else's history imprinted on the vintage jacket, not mine. So, inspired by the comments and observations of this group (and a few other collectors,) I've decided to take a different approach, and actually have a custom jacket made to my particular specs and preferences. And hopefully, for me at least, the result would be a leather jacket that I'll be able to add my own scars, wear, and history (if this makes any sense.) After sifting and evaluating as much info as I possibly could here, I finally custom ordered an Aero FQHH Half-belt (through Insurrection, many thanks to Carrie and Wade.) And I've also ordered a M-200 variation from Johnson Leathers in the Chromexcel leather (many thanks to Craig and Allan.)
And I thought this might be a good time to formally join Fedora Lounge and introduce myself. Hopefully, the jackets will be arriving (fingers crossed) by the end of the month. Once again, thanks to all for providing such a valuable resource. I only hope I can add my humble observations and experience over time.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Welcome aboard. My personal experience is with Aero but have heard great things about Johnson Leathers in SF where you reside. Appears you are making all the right moves, especially for a newbie.:D Be sure to post pictures when you receive your jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24