Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi. I'm New. Like my Fed IV?

BlueGem64

New in Town
Yeah. When I first started considering adding hats to my style, I already knew I'd be looking for vintage, vintage "style" at least. I got SO frustrated walking into every store in the mall and around town looking for REAL fedoras and only ever finding those cheap 1 inch brim "fedoras" where the back is permanently stitched up and the front is down. Man that was annoying. I just see those things as mock style. You can't customize them at all, and they don't fit everyones face. Not everyone these days understands that there are unique options for each face that compliment or don't compliment the natural features. They're just being put out for growing "modern chic" crowd, which seems to be branching off of the "emo" crowd. Just another example of fleeting fashion i guess... :eusa_doh:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BlueGem64 said:
Yeah. When I first started considering adding hats to my style, I already knew I'd be looking for vintage, vintage "style" at least. I got SO frustrated walking into every store in the mall and around town looking for REAL fedoras and only ever finding those cheap 1 inch brim "fedoras" where the back is permanently stitched up and the front is down. Man that was annoying. I just see those things as mock style. You can't customize them at all, and they don't fit everyones face. Not everyone these days understands that there are unique options for each face that compliment or don't compliment the natural features. They're just being put out for growing "modern chic" crowd, which seems to be branching off of the "emo" crowd. Just another example of fleeting fashion i guess... :eusa_doh:

Quite right, young man;
"Fashion comes and goes, but style is eternal” - Yves Saint Laurent.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
welcome

the hat looks great on you . As dose the rest of your ensemble. I wouldn't change the hat in any way. Ive been hovering on the brink of pulling the trigger on a Fed IV your post has pushed me hover the edge. Damn that lid looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot