Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
YAY goodbye muffintops! I am sooooo sick of seeing all the girls with their muffin tops!:rage: Can they not see how bad that looks or do they just avoid mirrors?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
Apologies for the intrusion, thought you might like this ladies.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21886728-5001021,00.html

High-rise jeans on way up
By Jen Melocco

David Jones has reported that the high-waisted style is the fastest growing category. And other major retailers including Jeans West and Sportsgirl have jumped on the trend.

Well, all I can say is that I went to David Jones last week and there were lots and lots of medium/low rise jeans. Same thing when I popped into Sportsgirl and Jeans West. [huh] So what's going on then? and this was ALL new winter fashion...we'll have to wait and see if this trend takes....:confused:

Shearer

Practically Family
I feel really weird now if I don't wear natural waisted jeans (thanks, Lady Day! ;))... like I'm missing clothes around my middle :confused:

Heee... I put on a pair of old low rise Lucky's and a running t-shirt the other week to go to REI and it felt like my shirt was riding up or something!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Glad to hear that -- I can't think of anyone who looked good in them -- made the derriere look big, belly sticking out. Ugly.

I have not had a problem as I am a 1X super-sized gal and so usually shop in stores or catalogs that cater to "women of substance." Plenty of standard waisted pants and jeans in those places. Even some of those stores had the low-waisted, tight jeans. Can't imagine why any big woman would wear them, even skinny 15-year-olds did not look good in them!

karol

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I love high-waisted or natural waisted jeans. I managed to snag a pair of Imitation of Christ jeans for $60 (they normally retail at $200), and now I wish I got 2 pairs since they are all I wear.

Apparently Levi's is coming out with a 1950's repro pair (side zipper w/ a snap on the side) in the middle of June. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it actually happens!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Low-slung pants look good on women with a round bottom, pinched waist and flat stomach. Which is to say, about 5% of women.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
pigeon toe said:
Apparently Levi's is coming out with a 1950's repro pair (side zipper w/ a snap on the side) in the middle of June. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it actually happens!

they had very vintage ones like you describe available for about 2 seconds in 2000-ish. i saw them, didn't buy them, and then the next time i went to the same store they were gone! good to know they're going to make another appearance!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Oh boy.... I see my beau already complaining even more cause whenever I put up trowsers he says I would pull them sooooo high like under my armpits. But I just hate it when trowsers are low. Even when I wore my self-made 50s shorts he found those wayyyyy to high... But I´ll keep on making and buying naturals waist trowsers cause I hate the feeling I get with low ones and keep on pulling them up all the time so I don´t get a muffin-top. [huh] He´ll have to life with that ;)

ChezPez

New in Town
Personally, I don't know how people keep low waisted jeans from falling off without a belt, but that may be because I have the lack-of-bootyliciousness syndrome. That's how I got into high waisted pants, they don't fall down on me when I don't wear a belt- that and my unusually high waist, which turns 'natural waisted' clothing into low rise anyway.

I don't know, everyone says the higher rise is 'in' now, but since I lost weight, all my pants stopped fitting me and I've not been able to find any high waisted pants. Of course, I've not been trying very hard, because I loathe jean shopping, and prefer skirts in the summer anyway...

Looking forward to those Levi's though!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
A lot of jeanswear companies seem to put out so-called high-waisted jeans because they want to jump the bandwagon or whatever ...
I've tried on several pairs of jeans that are labelled HIGH WAIST or SCARLETT STYLE or something, and then they're only marginally higher waisted than the ones from last season, they just seem to be cut like jeans were before the low-waist hipster craze came along.
It's strange.. it just makes me go 'you call that a high waist??' [huh]

I'll probably get a pair of these instead:
8832007242923297278229_L.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
A lot of jeanswear companies seem to put out so-called high-waisted jeans because they want to jump the bandwagon or whatever ...
I've tried on several pairs of jeans that are labelled HIGH WAIST or SCARLETT STYLE or something, and then they're only marginally higher waisted than the ones from last season, they just seem to be cut like jeans were before the low-waist hipster craze came along.
It's strange.. it just makes me go 'you call that a high waist??' [huh]

I'll probably get a pair of these instead:
8832007242923297278229_L.jpg

Where are those jeans from ??

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
I've always worn painters jeans. The higher waist covers and holds in the tummy bulge, hides the saddle bag hips and defines the backside. Low waisted pants/jeans only look good on the emaciated size 2 (and if you are naturally a size 2, I don't mean to offend) models in magazines. I have yet to see a girl in lowrise that actually looks good and not like a teen hooker.

I say, "Bring On The Natural Waist":eusa_clap

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
As a man, I must agree. I much prefer the natural look of higher waisted jeans. My wife and I were just talking about this the other day and we are glad lower waisted jeans are on the way out.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As a gal with a round booty and very high waist I prefer hiphuggers. No muffin-tops on me, however, as none of my tops is skimpy in length so they cover the waist-(or whatever)band. Hiphugger is the only pants or skirt style I find comfortable; I hate feeling anything but a male arm around my waist. I used to have to make all my pants and skirts, including bluejeans, until the low-waist style came in. Now I'll buy them up on clearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW