Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Higher Armholes from Jos. A. Bank

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Warning: I'm going to dredge up the armhole subject again...

I was just cleaning off my desk after returning from a long trip, and found the Jos. A. Bank Spring 2006 catalog in my mail pile. They've introduced a new collection of suits in a premium line, called "Joseph." The description is as follows:

"A fresh approach to the classics. Superb tailoring and a higher armhole for a more fitted freedom of movement. Elegant Bemberg lining. Suit sleeve is constructed for the addition of custom working buttonholes."

Good news or bad, depending on your perspective, they also feature narrower lapels, a higher 2-button styling, side vents, pick-stitched edges, and plain front trousers.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to note the armholes. Matt, maybe you can check these out and tell us how they compare to vintage armholes.

I like Jos. A. Bank, and have one of their suits. I'd like to get some more, at some point. They have nice fabrics with patterns I haven't seen at some of the other Men's stores in this price range. Love their plaids!

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot