Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman 3.5 months old

Dav

One Too Many
Navin323i said:
Congrats! When is the Cheyenne expected to arrive? My 2nd Aero jacket should be arriving in November hopefully.
Hi Navin
Mine also should arrive in November, I think we both placed orders on or around the 27th August. This time I'm not counting the days quite as much as I did first time round.
Actually thats rubbish I placed the order 35 days 7 hours and 51 minutes ago.lol

blackswan

New in Town
Dav, it looks awesome. How's the Alpaca lining and the cotton sleeve working out? I just got my first leather jacket on the bay (a used horsehide) and I'm considering to have it relined with Alpaca.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Dav said:
Hi Navin
Mine also should arrive in November, I think we both placed orders on or around the 27th August. This time I'm not counting the days quite as much as I did first time round.
Actually thats rubbish I placed the order 35 days 7 hours and 51 minutes ago.lol

LOL... you and I must be on the same jacket timeclock or something... our first jackets were ordered and arrived around the same time, and now our 2nd jackets will be doing the same, haha! :D

Dav

One Too Many
blackswan said:
Dav, it looks awesome. How's the Alpaca lining and the cotton sleeve working out? I just got my first leather jacket on the bay (a used horsehide) and I'm considering to have it relined with Alpaca.
Hi blackswan
I don't think I've owned it long enough really to judge the durability of the lining.
What I will say tho is the sleeves feel cooler than the body and now it is getting colder the alpaca doesn't seem to provide much warmth unless I layer. I suppose if the alpaca was tighter to my body it might provide more insulation.

Dav

One Too Many
Navin323i said:
LOL... you and I must be on the same jacket timeclock or something... our first jackets were ordered and arrived around the same time, and now our 2nd jackets will be doing the same, haha! :D
What are the odds eh of two people on different continents ordering two jackets at the same time and meeting each other(sort of):)
And I just remembered we both brought FQHH jackets first time and are both waiting for steerhide ones this time.

sshack

A-List Customer
Hmm... with respect, the cut looks a little loose/droopy in the shoulders. It's surprising to see such a wide range of fits w/ the Highwayman. I've seen some of the jackets fit perfectly, and others that seem too large.

Dav

One Too Many
I agree sshack it could have been a bit tighter in the shoulders the seem measures 8" whereas on my Cheyenne which is an overcoat they are 7.25".
I should also add that I didn't ask for a tight fit.

sshack

A-List Customer
I agree sshack it could have been a bit tighter in the shoulders the seem measures 8" whereas on my Cheyenne which is an overcoat they are 7.25".

Still looks like a comfy jacket! Just curious, did you specify different shoulder measurements on your Highwayman and Cheyenne? Or did it just come like that?

andy richards

Practically Family
I like a tight fit jacket also, but I must say this jacket looks great on you. Congratulations! Also the jacket devellops a very nice grain and character.
Andy

Last edited:

Windward

Practically Family
Like the fit too - its not a military jacket and the casual look is best for a "sport-utility-jacket" - its a jacket not a shirt. The pic in sunlight shows the beautiful brown colo(u)r. Its very exciting to see how a jacket looks after good wear. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
New pictures now it's 8 months old

S1052957.jpg

S1052936-Copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters