Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman 3.5 months old

Dav

One Too Many
Firstly, apologies regarding the pictures at the beginning of this thread, I seem to have deleted the wrong album some time ago!

As requested by wdw on his thread, here's some quick snaps of my now rather battered Highwayman at around the 4.5 years old mark.

wdw

One Too Many
Great pics, Dav. Very impressive. It's definitely seen some hammer. And it shows those of us with newer jackets what we can hope for in the years to come.

And thanks for joining in.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Wow... I'm very envious. That last pic rocks, the entire outfit looks dynamite. What are those boots? They look like Wescos. Also, where did you get the pants & shirt if you don't mind me asking?

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks gents, the jacket has definitely become my beater, worn to do most tasks, painting aside!

Mendelboaz, you're right the boots are Wesco, 1930's boss from Iron Heart. The cargoes and shirt are also from them, both discontinued now though.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
It's amazing how much of the new in box shine I'm not a fan of dies off. I need to keep that in mind when I order my next one.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Nick, those are fantastic f/u pictures and sincerely appreciate your sharing with us. The old HWM has been worn ofter and worn hard at times yet has aged better than any of us humans. :D

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nick how many times do you estimate you worn your HYM is the past 4 1/2 years. I just sold a Areo HYM I had for over ten years. I brought it used from Aero's sale page. My jacket had relaxed but not to the state of your HYM. SAM_1251.jpg

Dav

One Too Many
I really have no idea on that one, sorry. I wear it while chopping logs, I wore it while emptying one house and moving to another on my own about a year ago and it never really sees a hanger these days, so I suppose that's all helped the softening up process.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Dav - Thanks for the photos, Highwayman looks the biz. Love the way you just wear the hell out your boots and jackets - excellent!

Jonbuilder, yours was black, and so was mine...very similar situation to yours. 10years old with little wear in. Could be brown is a bit different than the black hides.
Dav, yours looks great!
Cheers.

Dav

One Too Many
Just thought I'd add this one here as I quite like the pic.

And a couple of pics after it's thorough drenching the other week.

Could be better, rubbish light!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Someone needs to compile a coffee table book of all of Dav's great photos. Aero could add it to their accessory line, and it could become required reading for college students' photography 101 classes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters