Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

History Channel Premire: Man, Moment, Machine

The Wingnut

One Too Many
This is the series I've been working on for the past 6 months.

Tonight is the premire, here's the listing on the History Channel Website.

In tonight's episode, I play Raymond Hamilton alongside Bonnie & Clyde. Watch for me in the prison break scene and in a lot of the driving scenes.

There are six more episodes in which I appear! I'll let everyone know when they're on.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Wingnut,

VERY cool...I missed the premiere last night and only caught the final shoot-out scene. I did throw in a tape for the reshowing at 2 AM and will watch it tonight. Congratulations on your role - I look forward to seeing a real hat guy on TV!

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Hey nice work! I watched the show last night, but didn't see this post until this morning. I never realized that Clyde favored the BAR so much. Like everyone else I just assumed he carried a Thompson.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
AJ..great stuff...!!!

How on earth do you get these parts then? I'd love to be involved in something like that, you lucky devil!!! Sadly I am not that advanced on the TV box to get the History Channel, but can you get the DvDs anywhere?
Keep up the great educational work AJ..!

The Wingnut said:
This is the series I've been working on for the past 6 months.

Tonight is the premire, here's the listing on the History Channel Website.

In tonight's episode, I play Raymond Hamilton alongside Bonnie & Clyde. Watch for me in the prison break scene and in a lot of the driving scenes.

There are six more episodes in which I appear! I'll let everyone know when they're on.

Darn, darn, darn! I was going to watch it even before I saw this post but I fell asleep on the couch and missed it. Then I find out I missed even more. :rage:
Do you have any idea when it might be on again?
Congratulations on landing that role. Sounds like a heck of interesting series to be part of. The dame who played Bonnie looked pretty good in the previews. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Hondo

One Too Many
Clyde used the Browning Automatic Rifle are they still around? (duhh stupid question) anyway an awful rifle, Bonnie handles it fine (cute actress)

I think once the episodes complete, it will repeat so if you missed one, hang on, should be seeing it shortly.

I also wanted a part, guess I'll just have to be a cardboard cut out :p

shamus

Suspended
Where did they shoot it? Do you have to be sag for that? Which production company did it? I want to edit the next one!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Yep, that's me. I'm also one of the guys that shoots the guards in the prison break scene, and the guy with the B.A.R. hanging out the window of the '34 Ford. Most of the footage with me in it was cut...I was on the set for two days, and there were at least 40 minutes of tape with me on it. In the end, they don't even identify my character, Raymond Hamilton, who was actually worse than Bonnie & Clyde...and was the focus of the Eastham prison break. Oh, well.

Shamus, to answer your questions, most of the series has been shot north of the Golden Gate / S.F. Bay Area, with a few episodes on location in LA, Canada, and Louisiana. The Bonnie & Clyde episode, specifically, was shot entirely in Sonoma county, in Petaluma, Novato, and Sebastopol. The U-2 / Fracis Gary Powers episode had a scene shot on a bridge that's a 5 minute walk from my front door. The production company is Edelman Productions, which also produces Curb Appeal, produced Tactical to Practical, and a mess of other cable network productions. Edelman's known for doing stuff on the cheap, and they don't hire union actors...I could probably get my SAG card now, but that would keep me from getting hired in the future! The series is wrapped, but they're considering a second season.

The Wingnut said:
I'm also one of the guys that shoots the guards in the prison break scene, and the guy with the B.A.R. hanging out the window of the '34 Ford.

I thought that was you. "Looks like they're going to need a new car." :p
Hahahahhaha! That was the funniest scene in it.
Was that your own suit and hat? Looks like you were dressed the most authentic. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Johnnysan

One Too Many
The Wingnut said:
Yep, that's me. I'm also one of the guys that shoots the guards in the prison break scene, and the guy with the B.A.R. hanging out the window of the '34 Ford. Most of the footage with me in it was cut...I was on the set for two days, and there were at least 40 minutes of tape with me on it. In the end, they don't even identify my character, Raymond Hamilton, who was actually worse than Bonnie & Clyde...and was the focus of the Eastham prison break. Oh, well.

They say that the best footage winds up on the cutting room floor, but what I saw was excellent! Nice job, AJ...and congratulations! :cheers1:

Wild Root

Gone Home
I’m coming in a bit late on this but, I watched it last night and it was done well. The only one who had a period look was Wingnut! All the other men wore modern ties and suits! Why couldn’t they dig out some vintage ones? It’s very easy to do it some what decent. But, at least Wingnut portrayed his part well. The girl that played Bonny wasn’t to bad. She had the correct size and look for the most part. To say the least, I have seen the H channel do better.

But, who cares right? Our fellow lounge member did great!

Root.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Thanks for the praise, guys...the production company provided the wardrobe on that shoot, although I insisted on bringing my hats, ties, and a few shirts. Clyde is wearing my tan Stetson, my red '30s brocade tie and one of my shirts in the photo scene.

I had to bit my tounge with some of the stuff that they were using...wool hats left and right in the wardrobe, and lots of big, baggy modern suits. Bleah. I don't think these people would know a vintage suit if it was used to strangle them.

Bonnie was played by a girl from Texas who is a professional Bonnie impersonator, I was impressed with her knowledge of the subject.

Hondo

One Too Many
WildRoot, You da man, details, details, very good, as Sergeant Schultz would say "I see nothing, I know nothing" :p

Wingnut: I'm not sure but production probably had crappy budget, baggy suits and all. and as WildRoot said H channel could have done better, Thanks for "Bonnie" details, a real looker, I'll be sure to catch reruns and record on DVR so I can slow mo through the scenes (details Root) Well done Wingnut, well done, hope you get many more roles :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR