Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hitler and the Exploding Candybars...

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Perhaps, but I don't see a one-pound candybar NOT looking incredibly suspicious. Don't forget that RATIONING was in effect at the time. Where would they get the sugar and cocoa?

From TM 31-200-1: Unconventional Warfare Devices and Techniques: References,
(Washington DC: Headquarters, Department of the Army, April 1966)

CandyBarBoobyTrap.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Maybe if the candybar came with nitro-filled centers, it could serve as a grenade of sorts...

Break off a piece for yourself, and then share the rest with the Jerries...

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Perhaps, but I don't see a one-pound candybar NOT looking incredibly suspicious. Don't forget that RATIONING was in effect at the time. Where would they get the sugar and cocoa?
Yes with all that rationing going on how come Chruchill was so fat.

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I think it was meant less as a booby trap and more as a means to smuggle explosives.

The OSS did something similar with pancake batter, of all things. You could cook it and eat it, or attach a blasting cap to it and blow stuff up...

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I think it was meant less as a booby trap and more as a means to smuggle explosives.

The OSS did something similar with pancake batter, of all things. You could cook it and eat it, or attach a blasting cap to it and blow stuff up...

I remember that. You gotta give them credit. That was actually pretty ingeneius.

Story

I'll Lock Up

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I saw that on the news last night. Fascinating story. Hitler really was a careful eater.

Apparently there were three or four of these food-tasters. Not sure if the others are still alive, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner