Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holiday Travel Photo Contest!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
The Contest:
Show me a picture of you or your family travelling vintage style!
The photos need to contain at least one of these elements:
-vintage/retro style clothing
-a vintage destination
-vintage souvenirs(brochures, tacky ceramics etc etc)
-a vintage mode of transportation
-vintage luggage

Here is an example:
petelerropicture1.jpg

Your photo can alos have a holiday theme as well but, it is not required(but it might just help sway the judges;)

The prize:
If your photo is choosen you will find in your mailbox a large stack of Vintage Travel Brochures!!!!

100_0328.jpg

The judges will be anounced this week(any volunteers just pm me!) And the contest ends on December 10th! I can't wait to see your entrys!

Samantha

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Comin' on late here... Just saw this post today, wish I had the time to put a really neat holiday photo together but, here's one that was taken a few years ago while taking the Pearl Harbor Troop Train excursion to San Diego.

No vintage luggage, but a genuine vintage uniform and club car and Pullman going to really pull me out of the historic Santa Fe station in San Diego.;)

1540543467_l.jpg

Paddy's photo is smashing! Looks just great, very mid 30s... but, more sporting than travel related yes?

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Ok, Ok I can push the deadline to say........December 15th? That gives anyone a good chance to get a good photo or two over the weekend. I *hope* to see more than just Forgotten man and paddys entries by the deadline...........And in the meantime heres some inspiration to get everyone in gear:

2323232327Ffp4323B63Enu3D3293A3E33B.jpg

Circa 1944: And American reporter in France pauses to have her picture taken with a a member of the British army.

Samantha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner